Buy day one 44 21.26%

Wait for reviews 31 14.98%

Wait for price cut 10 4.83%

No thanks, dusty old driving sim. 42 20.29%

I'm going to mention the F word (orza) 46 22.22%

Total:207
Snoopy said:
Nijmegen1982 said:

But I can't get it right now ... do you think it cooled of and perhaps dries up before it launches?

Nah son, you gotta get the xbox one x first.

First a Switch, then a big upgrade for my PC and after that I might consider ...

Around the Network
Radek said:
Snoopy said:

Or just play it on your PC in even better quality.

It's coming out on PC as well? Ok, then they probably won't earn a cent when I play it. :P

Radek said:
Snoopy said:

Or just play it on your PC in even better quality.

sure, only 2.500$

http://techbuyersguru.com/2500-extreme-4k-gaming-pc-build

Well, as long as the VR experience is good I'm fine with only one on one... but how will campaign mode work?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
vivster said:

That's why it's technically not a remake. They just used the sliders from the original and pulled them way to the right.

Square Enix exposed.

That genuinely made me chuckle. Thanks for brightening my day.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
KBG29 said:
I am disappointed in the lack of content, but if they can deliver a great drivng expereince with decent quality graphics I will be pleased. As great as Driveclub and Dirt Rally are, the lack of draw distance quality is harsh. The ability to see in to corners, and get the sense of scale and elevation change is an absolute game changer. However, the fact that I can't even see the dash and gauges clearly without leaning forward is a real issue (at least for me).

I wish for the sake of VR that GTS was delivering a full GT expereince in VR. I understand though, that the ability to pull it off with even 6 cars on track may be impossible, especially on the base model PS4. For that readon I am fine with just a taste for now. I fully expect them to use this expereince to deliver every aspect of GT7/GTS2 or whatever on PS5 and PSVR2 in VR extremely quickly though.

I already have GTS pre-odered. I will most likely only ever play the VR portion, because as you mentioned, racing without VR just has very little appeal after what I have expereinced in other PSVR titles.

I'll still buy it day 1 (never pre-order), yet will also only play the VR portion. Perhaps that will give them some data that I won't be buying any DLC unless it adds to the VR experience. It's a shame though, I had hoped that you could at least race online in VR. Dirt Rally and DC manages with 6 cars on track online. It has big downgrades in graphics yet that came from 30fps with an engine never designed for VR. GT Sport already runs at 60fps with 18 cars on track. Dialing all the way back down to 2 cars is a bit much.

vivster said:
I feel bad for him and the game. Yet another game bogged down and another dev disappointed.

Well, he could always compromise his vision and make it look like shit so it can run in PSVR, right?

I had expected more since they kept VR in mind during development. Perhaps it's simply time constraints and we'll get more later (unfortunately usually much later with PD) At least it should look pretty good visually, still I rather have some compromises to graphics and get the gameplay first, add the graphics updates later.

There are still people that only see VR viable for quick 5-15 minute experiences. Even while the data Sony has been collecting suggest much longer play sessions. It looks like VR is mainly added as a showcase, however after racing in VR, going back is like going back to top down racers without analog control.

Nijmegen1982 said:
People that pre-ordered the game are day-one-buyers as well.
Or is this just an obvious way to split the positive answers just so "you can prove your point"?
What's wrong with a decent poll with only 3 or 4 options: Yes, No, Doubting, I don't care/see results?

I usually buy day one, never pre-order. I could have combined them ofcourse yet people always complain about lack of content!

Yes since the graphics inside VR are quite lower, they could go for 720p or 900p 60fps on PSVR and them keep most content... or sony could just commend a DLC or VR enhanced mode to a 3rd party to do that if PD is overdoing on other things.

zero129 said:
bonzobanana said:
I was all hyped for the PSVR when it was announced and launched and expected to get one quite quickly as I love VR but still there isn't the games I want to play on it. It's good to see it getting reasonable sales and VR is definitely the future for sure its just the hardware is not quite up to the task as can be seen by the limitation in GT VR. It seems to be compatibility with the original PS4 is holding VR back as most developers aren't really doing much in the way of enhancement for ps4 pro and it would certainly be better if the ps4 pro was the baseline.

This. Sony should of took a leaf out of MS book here and made PSVR only work with PS4Pro systems, its clear for everyone to see the PS4Pro was made for the PSVR. Anyway as long as PS4 is the base model never expect massive great looking games on PSVR its just impossible as the hardware is not there for it.

Sure, and fuck 90% of their userbase, totally worth it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zero129 said:
bonzobanana said:
I was all hyped for the PSVR when it was announced and launched and expected to get one quite quickly as I love VR but still there isn't the games I want to play on it. It's good to see it getting reasonable sales and VR is definitely the future for sure its just the hardware is not quite up to the task as can be seen by the limitation in GT VR. It seems to be compatibility with the original PS4 is holding VR back as most developers aren't really doing much in the way of enhancement for ps4 pro and it would certainly be better if the ps4 pro was the baseline.

This. Sony should of took a leaf out of MS book here and made PSVR only work with PS4Pro systems, its clear for everyone to see the PS4Pro was made for the PSVR. Anyway as long as PS4 is the base model never expect massive great looking games on PSVR its just impossible as the hardware is not there for it.

That doesn't make any sense....PSVR is great BECAUSE everyone can use it, even on base PS4...PS4Pro gets regular upgrades on VR games so it's perfectly fine. Sony respects their user base.

Should have just saved VR for PS5.

VR still has a long way to go and its pretty clear now.

Vasto said:

Of course you, a known Microsoft fanatic on several gaming sites I regularly visit, would be saying that. Of course you would sing a totally different tune if VR was already availabe on XBox..and of you course you probably haven't even tried VR just once. The last point is speculation though but probably a given concerning your comment.

Your Phil Spencer quote is actually quite ironic.

Warned ~ CGI

Vasto said:

I agree with you. VR 2.0 should be better.