By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Prediction: Monster Hunter World will release on Switch within 2 years of its initial release

Yay or nay?

Yay 58 31.69%

Nay 69 37.70%

Capcom did 9/11 56 30.60%

Total:183

It's actually likely that it could happen. Capcom is releasing Monster Hunter XX soon, it wouldn't make much sense to release MH World shortly after it. They would compete against their own brand.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
It's actually likely that it could happen. Capcom is releasing Monster Hunter XX soon, it wouldn't make much sense to release MH World shortly after it. They would compete against their own brand.

Not if they don't release MH XX in the west considering World is meant to attract a western audience. But in Japan yes.

Barkley said:
Peh said:

Not if they don't release MH XX in the west considering World is meant to attract a western audience. But in Japan yes.

Yes, this could be true for this case. Actually, your statement is more likely considering the mediocre sales of their franchise in the west. Well, you can still buy the game because of no region lock. So, I guess Capcom could choose this way. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Barkley said:
sc94597 said:

PC operating systems and applications are nowhere near memory efficient. My current Windows 10 installation running chrome with five tabs, and some scripts in the background is using 4.1GB/8Gb of system ram. Ram really hasn't been that much of a bottleneck for games this generation, and can be easily accomodated for with lower resolution assets. I doubt MHW is the type of game that would use more than 3GB of Vram at 720p resolutions. 

That's the point though, it's unified memory, it has 3gb to use for both VRAM but also RAM as well.

Consider The Witcher 3, which is still a pretty demanding game. It uses about 2,368.1 MB of system ram and about 844 Mb of Vram at lowest setting, 720p on my computer. At max setting @1080p it uses about 1,362 MB of Vram and 2,632.9 MB of system ram. Again, the actual memory being used by  games is not that much unless you are aiming for 1440p/4k resolutions.

The minimum requirements in PC titles are considering that Windows is going to hog resources. 

It definitely will NOT be ported to Switch, that's not how Monster Hunter development works.

They never just do ports of old games, they update and iterate. In addition, Monster Hunter World is built specifically for more stationary home consoles and PC, and will be staying on those platforms.

Switch will get one which has a local and online multiplayer focus. Since handhelds are Monster Hunter's bread and butter, and Switch is the successor to the handheld market, that is likely where Monster Hunter 5 is going. Likely announced between TGS and Christmas for a Japanese release in Summer 2018. Then released in Europe and other continents in Spring 2019.

The Monster Hunter market outside of Japan is not the same, people tend to only get one Monster Hunter game and will not upgrade when sequels are released. So any additional Monster Hunter games within a certain window will cannabalize sales, which is why Monster Hunter XX is likely not coming westward either.

Monster Hunter 5 is most likely the only Monster Hunter game Switch will see between now and Spring of 2021. On 3DS the European/Worldwide release of Monster Hunter 4 was pushed out a year because it was too close to Monster Hunter 3 on 3DS, instead, Europe only saw Monster Hunter 4G.

And that's my educated prediction based on knowledge of the product.

These "bold predictions" on this site are just a pretentious way of saying "baseless conjecture." because they are neither bold nor good predictions.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

No, please I don't want this to happen. Keep this game away from any Nintendo console, Nintendo has damaged the Monster Hunter franchise enough over the years...

Dr.Vita said:

No, please I don't want this to happen. Keep this game away from any Nintendo console, Nintendo has damaged the Monster Hunter franchise enough over the years...

What exactly has done Nintendo differently to damage the series?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

vivster said:

Those don't look like real chances to me. I would like to see how it does on a PS4 where a wide variety of demographics plays and especially people who like action RPGs. It probably won't sell a lot on PC but it will be very appreciated there too.

If Capcom does the marketing right it could be a first step. Of course it won't sell as much as previous entries but it's a start to make it more popular. The genre isn't the problem.

You think a wide demographic wasn't on the PS2? If anything it's not a wide demographic it needs its a specific one, it sold more on Wii a more casual focused platform than it did on PS2, PS3, X360 and PC both west and Japan, it's not a demographic that buys MH it's a sub-culture much like Pokemon that's why it consistently does much better on portables and why it has limited power in the west the are specifics this sub culture likes, they even marketed the Wii game Tri heavily in the west as well.

The genre is the problem many gamers in the west can't even grasp the notion of grinding to improve your skill and inventory and simply move on to more simple titles.

Darwinianevolution said:
Dr.Vita said:

What exactly has done Nintendo differently to damage the series?

The game was huge during the PSP days. People expected the series to become even better with a release on PS3, Xbox 360 or even PS Vita. But nope Nintendo stole the series from Playstation and started to release the next games of the Monster Hunter series on the weakest platform available where the Monster Hunter games never could get the much-needed improvement they truly deserved. And now with Monster Hunter World we finally could see the Monster Hunter game that we waited so long for.

Even bolder prediction: Capcom will realise that Monster Hunter is a portable franchise with focus on local multiplayer and Monster Hunter World sales won't exactly set Japan on fire. They will continue to make portable Monster Hunter games for the Switch and those will sell better than the PS4 game. Because of their deal with Sony they won't have Nintendo to publish those portable games in the west. Capcom won't bother publishing MH itself and the west will lose a franchise that was really only ever big in Japan. Outside of gaming message forums, nobody in the US and EU will even notice.