By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the purpose of the Rabbids collab?

I really don't think it was necessary. I haven't even heard of Rabbids before this announcement and neither have a lot other people. I feel this game could have done just fine with Mario characters or even in another Nintendo franchise unless the reason for the partnership was for Ubisoft's expertise in making an Xcom type game.

Around the Network

To make a fun game for the Nintendo Switch?
To give nintendo fans a turn based tactical rpg?

JRPGfan said:

And you think Rabbids was absolutely necessary for that? lol

Because ubisoft wants a collaboration and they are developing the game, easy. Nintendo said "yes let's do the contract, but use a different gameplay"

Mystro-Sama said:
JRPGfan said:

And you think Rabbids was absolutely necessary for that? lol

Nope.

But maybe ubisoft just wanted to make a game for the switch, and nintendo went "okay, you can use mario and crew".

Around the Network

Well, Rabbids games sold a total of over 7 million copies on the Wii. I'd say that they are the most Nintendo-centric Ubi franchise and since Ubi is developing the game, I'm not sure why you would be surprised that they are including their own franchise in the game.

Piss me off. Me in specific. Bunch of old dudes got into a conference room all like "what can we do to piss this guy off?" Turns out it was easier than they thought.

I love it. The rabbits remind me of minions and I love how they all have such different personalities. This was one of the best games of e3 fore so I'm excited.

i find it odd too

if you want to give your IP to others to use to fill your release schedule, that is fine, but why align a strategy RPG, even if it's "strategy-lite", with something that is aimed exclusively at kids, like Rabbids?

why not just pay the same team to make a Mario & Luigi RPG

The Rabbids seemed to have been the franchise to go to for Ubisoft back in the Wii era. Raving Rabbids, Raving Rabbids 2, Raving Rabbids: TV Party, Rabbids Go Home, Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time, etc...etc... all were released on Nintendo consoles and some exclusive.

Maybe Ubisoft felt Rabbids = Nintendo more than Rayman and his friends. Therefore Ubisoft decided to make a game that featured the Rabbids when they approached Nintendo.