By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the purpose of the Rabbids collab?

Why? Money, and recognition for Ubisoft. You collab with mario you'll be a winner no matter what

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network
Arminillo said:
Miyamoto said he has Rabbids figurines on his desk, wouldnt surprise me if Nintendo asked about using Rabbids specifically.

You really buy that? I doubt Miyamoto has even played a Rabbids game.

Mystro-Sama said:
Arminillo said:
Miyamoto said he has Rabbids figurines on his desk, wouldnt surprise me if Nintendo asked about using Rabbids specifically.

You think he lied to us for no reason?

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

It's very odd. It feels like Ubisoft using the Mario franchise to try and kick start their rabbids franchise again and Nintendo just trying to get more games in their console. It looks well made and i've gotten to love the XCOM-esque combat over a few other games like it but those rabbids annoy me to no end.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Arminillo said:
Mystro-Sama said:

You think he lied to us for no reason?

Why not? Its a good justification for this game. "Oh sure, I loved Rabbids since forever." Ya right.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
It's because I've never seen Rabbids before, and because it's not the usual Mario-Universe-only cast that it stands out as something different.
I haven't seen the E3 video yet but the Rabbids look charming from what I've seen.

These rabbids are a step up from old rabbids, whose whole shtick was screaming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unXUvJx947I

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

I kinda wish it was more of a Mario / Rayman crossover RPG than just the Rabbids. A Mario / Rayman platformer would be sick, but we know Nintendo ain't sharing Mario when it comes to their 2D and 3D platforming games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

simple. UBI said they would make an exclusive game for switch if they could get their hands on the Mario IP. Nintendo probably required they be allowed to do some QA on the game. A deal was struck. Nintendo is getting an exclusive pretty much only at the cost of letting someone else use their IP.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

$$$

I must say, when I think Rabbids, I think obnoxious but in the trailer, they were actually likable. I want to play this game.

Minions > Rabbids
but
Rabbids >>> Waluigi, Tingle, Diddy Kong, Ash Ketchum and some Pokémons
so
it's surely a wonderful deal for Ubisoft, but a more than decent one for Ninty too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!