By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who won?

Microsoft 244 8.59%

Nintendo 1,837 64.64%

Sony 761 26.78%

Total:2,842

I love how Sony is criticised by showing games way too early. But Nintendo is glorified for the worst announcements ever which where only saved because they have a cult status. Anyway they still win because they actually showed something new Kirby and Yoshi. Followed by Ubisoft and than Sony as best of the rest. But please stop the BS that Nintendo announces games only close to release, they don't especially when it's a game like Zelda or a pokemon rpg which they will talk about very long.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Bajablo said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Apparently all it takes is words to hype them up. lol

you could hype up some PS or MS fans with just game X is coming.. you know that too :p

Sony already did that during the PSX event.

Nintendo by a hair. Their conference wasn't the best, but they brought games.

Qwark said:
I love how Sony is criticised by showing games way too early. But Nintendo is glorified for the worst announcements ever which where only saved because they have a cult status. Anyway they still win because they actually showed something new Kirby and Yoshi. Followed by Ubisoft and than Sony as best of the rest. But please stop the BS that Nintendo announces games only close to release, they don't especially when it's a game like Zelda or a pokemon rpg which they will talk about very long.

Pokémon rpgs get announced pretty close to release date, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Game Freak just reassured everyone that the Switch is the successor to the 3DS (many people were doubting that) by announcing that the next mainline Pokémon game will be on Switch. I don't really see that as an announcement, but as a reassurement. 

The Metroid Prime 4 announcement was horrible though.

And I didn't think Kirby or Yoshi looked that good. Looks incredibly unambitious, especially the Kirby game. 

The Metroid Prime 4 announcement is still better than those fake CGI announcements that Sony and MS (and other third party publishers) love to do though (Death Stranding for example). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nintendo won very easily.

I picked Microsoft to win this E3 going in. I hate being incorrect. Of the big three, Microsoft was the worst. My lord how could they fuck up so badly?

Sony's big drop was Monster Hunter which would have been a crippling blow if it was not coming out for PC and XBOX One as well.

Nintendo came out right off the top with Rocket League which - and I listened to all the predictions - was completely unexpected. They also had a Kirby game that was completely off the radar. They were able to surprise me and they were able to deliver great announcements. I expected Nintendo and Sony to fight for second but Nintendo really pulled away from the other two just a few seconds into their presentation. Not to mention the Fifa title is worth trying...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Announcing a new core Pokemon for Switch is all that was needed. Switch is going to crush the other guys into dust when that shit drops.

germibobi said:
Can anyone explain how Nintendo won E3? Metroid was just a teaser, game probably isn't coming in next 2 years. Aside from that it was mostly recycled games and games for kids. Can you honestly compare most of those games to serious AAA titles like God of War, Detroit, Anthem, Battlefront, etc.?

Pokemon. The average age of Pokemon players is early 20's. None of the games you listed have a chance against something like that. It's going to wipe the floor with them.

Alkibiádēs said:
Qwark said:

Pokémon rpgs get announced pretty close to release date, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Game Freak just reassured everyone that the Switch is the successor to the 3DS (many people were doubting that) by announcing that the next mainline Pokémon game will be on Switch. I don't really see that as an announcement, but as a reassurement. 

And I didn't think Kirby or Yoshi looked that good. Looks incredibly unambitious, especially the Kirby game. 

The Metroid Prime 4 announcement is still better than those fake CGI announcements that Sony and MS (and other third party publishers) love to do though (Death Stranding for example). 

Death stranding teasers where informative though same counts for TLOU part 2. The pokemon switch rpg was purely a hype announcement nothing else it could be years away building a pokemon rpg for the Switch takes time and they are making another pokemon and just released one. Same probably counts for Metroid. It's a Zelda Wii U type of announcement. Look guys we are making a new game in a franchise you like for the only platform we have left. MS could have done so but didn't and Sony pulled this trick a few times already. Hell even their slogan suggests it. Why Nintendo gets praised for it and other companies get complaints is beyond me though.

Qwark said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Death stranding teasers where informative though same counts for TLOU part 2. The pokemon switch rpg was purely a hype announcement nothing else it could be years away building a pokemon rpg for the Switch takes time and they are making another pokemon and just released one. Same probably counts for Metroid. It's a Zelda Wii U type of announcement. Look guys we are making a new game in a franchise you like for the only platform we have left. MS could have done so but didn't and Sony pulled this trick a few times already. Hell even their slogan suggests it. Why Nintendo gets praised for it and other companies get complaints is beyond me though.

No, it was confusing as hell, I still don't know what the game will be about.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nintendo followed by Sony, imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)