By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who won?

Microsoft 244 8.59%

Nintendo 1,837 64.64%

Sony 761 26.78%

Total:2,842

Sony, but barely. Nintendo had been announcements but they didn't even have CGi trailers. They literally just told us that 'this' is in development now and moved along.

Around the Network
solidpumar said:

Showing 2 logos for games is enough for Nintendo to win considering the majority of vgchartz community?

I don't understand, I think you guys are out of touch with reality, you need to show footage and dates to win something.

They could be released in 2020. This would mean that this two games will win nintendo for 2018 E3, 2019 E3 and 2020 E3 also?

Cmon, Sony won hands down. The only thing nintendo showed worth noting was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since will be releasing this holiday and looks great. Screw the logo for metroid and pokemon, I can craft better logo on photoshop for 20 games that will never be released more enticing than those shown.

Consider this: What does it mean to "win" E3?

For a company, I would argue that it's about how much excitement you generate. The point of hosting a conference, after all, is to get people excited to play your upcoming games and wanting to buy your console.

So, yes, in terms of how much excitement conferences generated, Nintendo won, probably rather handily as well. Sony announced...I think a total of one new game? And Microsoft I don't think had a single first party game shown, mostly relying on third parties and some very expensive hardware to generate hype. Meanwhile, Nintendo announced six new exclusives that we didn't know about beforehand: Pokemon RPG, Metroid Prime 4, a Yoshi platformer, a Kirby co op platformer, Metroid: Samus Returns, and a reimagining/remake of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Even if you need gameplay to get excited (and for a series that has been release starved for as long as Metroid has, it isn't), there's still a solid four exclusives in there that'll generate solid hype. Along with that, there were trailers shown for just about everything that Nintendo had announced previously.

leyendax69 said:
This is why I can't take Nintendo fans seriously, they didn't show anything at all but somehow EASILY won e3

Metroid LIVES

FentonCrackshell said:
leyendax69 said:
This is why I can't take Nintendo fans seriously, they didn't show anything at all but somehow EASILY won e3

Same here. Nintendo can do no wrong win their fans eyes. Sony announces games that are coming out next year and people go crazy. Nintendo annouces games and show 0 footage and they "won E3".

Federation Force. 1-2 Switch.

SpokenTruth said:
leyendax69 said:

Well I can't when they are saying Nintendo won by showing a game we already know was coming (Pokemon) and a game so early in development they can't even show more than a logo. When other companies do that people complains about these practices, but now it's suddenly fine and they won the event... so yeah

Then you are in a minority.  70% voted Nintendo and this website is certainly not populated by a 70% Nintendo fanbase.

Most people online now are probably nintendo enthusiasts since it was the most recent conference so it's not weird. But I guess you are right I'm in the minority. You didn't even say anything about my other point so I'll take it you don't disagree

jason1637 said:
solidpumar said:

Showing 2 logos for games is enough for Nintendo to win considering the majority of vgchartz community?

I don't understand, I think you guys are out of touch with reality, you need to show footage and dates to win something.

They could be released in 2020. This would mean that this two games will win nintendo for 2018 E3, 2019 E3 and 2020 E3 also?

Cmon, Sony won hands down. The only thing nintendo showed worth noting was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since will be releasing this holiday and looks great. Screw the logo for metroid and pokemon, I can craft better logo on photoshop for 20 games that will never be released more enticing than those shown.

Nintendo announced about 4 or 5 new games. Sony announced 1 and it's a remake I think that's why most people voted for Nintendo.  That's why I did.

If we're  just counting the the conference yes, but Sony announced a couple really awesome looking games including that spiritual until dawn sequel during their pre-show

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
jason1637 said:

Nintendo announced about 4 or 5 new games. Sony announced 1 and it's a remake I think that's why most people voted for Nintendo.  That's why I did.

If we're  just counting the the conference yes, but Sony announced a couple really awesome looking games including that spiritual until dawn sequel during their pre-show

We clearly can't only be counting the conference at this point as Nintendo's Treehouse games like the 2nd Metroid announcement are being included.  As they all should be too.  Every game reveal by each company during the entirety of E3 deserves consideration in the "winner" debate.

I'd vote Ubisoft if you let me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

deskpro2k3 said:
Tmfwang said:
So an announcement, without ANY footage, like at all, is enough for Nintendo to win? Smh

Apparently all it takes is words to hype them up. lol

you could hype up some PS or MS fans with just game X is coming.. you know that too :p

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

SpokenTruth said:
leyendax69 said:

Well I can't when they are saying Nintendo won by showing a game we already know was coming (Pokemon) and a game so early in development they can't even show more than a logo. When other companies do that people complains about these practices, but now it's suddenly fine and they won the event... so yeah

Then you are in a minority.  70% voted Nintendo and this website is certainly not populated by a 70% Nintendo fanbase.

It'll trickle down to more reflective to of user population

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sony and nintendo

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS