By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XB1X vs XB1S pics and what do you think of the XB1X hardware overall?

What do you think of the XB1X hardware overall?

Blown Away 16 11.94%

Really Impressive 45 33.58%

Worthy Attempt 26 19.40%

Not Impressive 21 15.67%

Poor Attempt 3 2.24%

Slow Clap Worthy 9 6.72%

See Results 14 10.45%

Total:134

Let's only hope their cooling solition is realy that good.

Around the Network
Teriol said:
SvennoJ said:
I wonder how hot the exhaust will get with the 245 watt power supply. My laptop can cook an egg while playing a graphics extensive game. The psu rating doesn't mean much anyway. ps4 pro is rated at 300 watt and only uses 155 watt while playing Infamous at 4K. Over engineered.

The box doesn't look all that premium to be honest. It doesn't stick out either, which is good. Add VR and I'll get one. Without VR the expected price of CAD 650 to CAD 700 is definitely not worth it. Yet buying an XBox One S now without knowing what VR support the X will get isn't enticing either. The waiting game continues.

Except that your ps4pro does not play infamous in real 4k...

Semantics....

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

ArchangelMadzz said:
Fantastically compact, I think they did really well designing it.
(Can everyone admit how poorly the original Xb1 was designed? or is it too soon?)                                     

I can only assume that XB1 had ONE main priority and that was not Kinect. It was to make sure the console WOULD NOT overheat under any circumstances, even if it had to take the abuse of a million meme's about VCR's.

Captain_Yuri said:

It is pretty impressive hardware wise considering it is smaller than the one S. It does look like a ps2 though.

LivingMetal said:

The offset of the top of the XBX being bigger than the bottom reminds me of a mirrorred PS2...

Definitely resembles a less complex, sleeker PS2. The more you follow the XB hardware over time, the more you see they are clearly taking many cue's from PS hardware. You also see little things from PS like using the XB Xclamp design in the Pro, so it goes both ways.

zorg1000 said:
i expected a massive brick like the original Xbox & Xbox One, hopefully no overheating issues.
SvennoJ said:
I wonder how hot the exhaust will get with the 245 watt power supply. My laptop can cook an egg while playing a graphics extensive game. The psu rating doesn't mean much anyway. ps4 pro is rated at 300 watt and only uses 155 watt while playing Infamous at 4K. Over engineered.
The box doesn't look all that premium to be honest. It doesn't stick out either, which is good. Add VR and I'll get one. Without VR the expected price of CAD 650 to CAD 700 is definitely not worth it. Yet buying an XBox One S now without knowing what VR support the X will get isn't enticing either. The waiting game continues.                                     

The custom power delivery/management system they created for XB1X will allow the console to use less power/waste less power than the Pro does to achieve even more performance. The vapour chamber heatsink will move heat away from the APU and RAM much faster than the Pro's cooling system. The size of the blower fan is of some concern. In a shell that small, it can't be any bigger than the Pro's blower fan, which is slightly larger than the PS4 fan. This means the odds of the XB1X being on the loud side is probably likely. The fan will have to spin at high enough RPM's during gameplay to properly cool the system, leading to potentially OG PS4 level noise. For the hardcore gamers that buy this console however, will they care? Based on PS4 and Pro sales, people care more about how small the hardware is in comparison to how loud it is. How high end the internal electronics and their heat rating, is another question. There is also the fact that this console is made for the type of gamer that will plan on buying an XB2 in 3 or 4 years time, so longevity probably isn't as much of a concern for XB, especially with the BC support.

The console does also look plain, but it seems like that is the sleek type of look they went for. Similar to how PS went from the more complex look of the PS4 to the more sleek look of the PS4S and Pro. I really wish XB had done something like tuck a lightbar below the front overhang above the disc drive, that would light up green when it was booting up, yet be fully customizable. Other than error lighting color etc, allow users to show whatever color they wanted, or turn it off completely.

Soundwave said:

The hardware is an incredible engineering feat, one of the most impressive in the history of game hardware. 6 TFlops in a casing smaller than the XBox One S is while still be on the same manufacturing node just one year later is fucking insanity.                                                                                                                                                                                       Anyone saying "meh" has no idea what the fuck they're talking about. 

Agreed. All you have to do is look back at XB1 in 2013, and compare that to XB1X in 2017. In just 4 years time, they basically went from creating a VCR, to the most impressive console design overall in the history of gaming. So far that is. If this thing doesn't have errors down the road, it's going to go down as a MASSIVE achievement by the XB hardware design team.

The XboneS looks better to me. XboneX looks uneven, and having a long trench down the middle where you disc insert is dumb, makes it hard to see putting the disc in.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Looks very basic while the size is amazing for the power.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Not really digging the design, it's not bad but I think the One S looks better.

NobleTeam360 said:
Not really digging the design, it's not bad but I think the One S looks better.

Yeah, I prefer the look of the S too.

I find the size to power ratio amazing. However, that doesn't much matter to me. I didn't have a problem with the OG XB1, which was much larger.

The thing that I don't find amazing is the price. I just picked up a Pro in December. I intend to pick up a Switch sometime this year. My OG XB1 broke (partially), and I replaced it with a XB1s in February. So, I just don't see how I can justify that $499, with no big exclusives that I care much about this year.

The one possibility that just might push to me to get one is Destiny. I played the first one on XB, so I'll probably stay on XB for the new one. I imagine I'll put several hundred hours into the game. So, if it performs significantly better on X, I may have to take the plunge, even if it doesn't make financial sense. I don't think it is going to be much better though, as they can't allow XBX players to have an advantage over regular XB1 players.

Not a fan of the look. Looks generic. Impressed with the specs for the price.

surprised small size, MS did great job 

but just like all the XB console, design looks still not appealing to me at all

don't know about the performance, but should be worth for its price