By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim Switch E3 trailer - Amiibo support, Master Sword/Hylian Shield, motion controls

Horrible music, why not just use the amazing in game soundtrack? No matter, I'm glad to see that bethesda actually tries with this game, and if it doesn't get downgraded I'm buying it at launch. Hopefully it'll have the same pricetag as the other special editions.

Also not a fan of the zelda stuff, I don't get why every third party game on nintendo platforms have to have some kind of nod to nintendo in them. Spend the resources on making the game better instead.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Horrible music, why not just use the amazing in game soundtrack? No matter, I'm glad to see that bethesda actually tries with this game, and if it doesn't get downgraded I'm buying it at launch. Hopefully it'll have the same pricetag as the other special editions.

Also not a fan of the zelda stuff, I don't get why every third party game on nintendo platforms have to have some kind of nod to nintendo in them. Spend the resources on making the game better instead.

I can't blame them. If I where a 3rd party developer making a game for a Nintendo platform I'd love to have some Nintendo items in it.

And I don't see the big deal as long as the actual games are good. It's a nice addition for fans and if you don't like it you always have the option to ignore that content. I can imagine quite a few gamers wanting to do a Skyrim run roleplaying as Link or perhaps doing all of that stuff that Link never gets to do in Legend of Zelda.

Hopefully they don't charge more than $20 for this ancient game.

bonzobanana said:
curl-6 said:

Being on a lot of systems doesn't necessarily mean it's a good example of the power of each one though. Bayonetta 1 is on five platforms if we include Xbone backwards compatibility, yet the notorious PS3 version isn't the best benchmark of that system's capabilities.

I'd have to disagree strongly with that. The ps3 was notoriously hard to develop for so there were many games for that format that failed to achieve a good peformance level especially early in its life. The Switch is meant to be incredibly easy to develop for so maximising performance on it shouldn't be a problem early on. The nvidia gpu and arm processors are incredibly well documented and well known by developers and all reports of the development software show it to be very good. There is also nothing complicated about the design either. The ps3 had 2 major banks of memory and the complications of moving data between them, a dual thread powerpc main cpu and 7 support cpu's all having to share memory access. The techniques developed to do this well only really came later in the ps3's life and weren't employed by all developers. Not a criticism as love the ps3 and when everything is firing on all cylinders its an absolutely amazing console for its day but certainly not a developers favourite I'm sure.

Bayonetta didn't come out early in the PS3's life though, it came out once the system had been out three years. 

And just because Switch isn't complex hardware doesn't mean Bethesda will allocate the necessary effort to optimize thoroughly for it. PS4 is simple hardware too, yet it has had some unoptimized ports.

NATO said:
Rab said:

This is the intro music for a trailer trying to get us interested in Adventuring again, not ingame music, so yeah it makes sense 

Terrible excuse.

Original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0

Special edition trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPuJ9ggVcA

Switch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7980ZPK8Dg

You can make up all the excuses you want, it's a terrible track choice, and imo, the zelda themed additions are cheesy as hell.

Dude I'm not saying your wrong, if it's terrible for you then is terrible for you, I just wanted to say I liked it and my reason

Please don't get so offended  

Around the Network
Rab said:
NATO said:

Terrible excuse.

Original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0

Special edition trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPuJ9ggVcA

Switch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7980ZPK8Dg

You can make up all the excuses you want, it's a terrible track choice, and imo, the zelda themed additions are cheesy as hell.

Dude I'm not saying your wrong, if it's terrible for you then is terrible for you, I just wanted to say I liked it and my reason

I'm not offended, i just felt it didnt do the game, or the advertising of it's new portability, justice.
It's also extremely weird, seeing as during the trailer for the new VR version for PS4, they went with the original music too.

The music itself wasn't bad, but it's pairing with this particular game was a horrible choice.

NATO said:
Rab said:

I'm not offended, i just felt it didnt do the game, or the advertising of it's new portability, justice.
It's also extremely weird, seeing as during the trailer for the new VR version for PS4, they went with the original music too.

The music itself wasn't bad, but it's pairing with this particular game was a horrible choice.

I think the music was less to go with the game and more with the unique portability the Switch brings to the game, allowing you to take it anywhere.  The real fail is they thematically reach for that and then never show it actually on the go.

60 FPS would be hilarious as not even the SE version on X1 and PS4 have that. (even though I think they should easily handle that)

forest-spirit said:
IsawYoshi said:

I can't blame them. If I where a 3rd party developer making a game for a Nintendo platform I'd love to have some Nintendo items in it.

And I don't see the big deal as long as the actual games are good. It's a nice addition for fans and if you don't like it you always have the option to ignore that content. I can imagine quite a few gamers wanting to do a Skyrim run roleplaying as Link or perhaps doing all of that stuff that Link never gets to do in Legend of Zelda.

That's a fair point I suppose. Personally I would prefer them to spend the resources on other stuff though.