Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381
Hiku said:
onionberry said:
this is what I think, he's working with phil spencer and the $500 price is BS. They're going to create a wow factor with the $399 price. Or maybe I'm crazy asf.

Madword said:

This is exactly what I think, Keighley just walks into a private/secure rehearsal and then posts info about it... hah yeah right.

More likely this is the top end, their will be two SKU's or a day 1 edition at $499 and the normal price at $399. They are pulling a sony with the price being higher than expected PR ploy, only problem is Sony did the misdirection months before, not on the day of the show...lol

estebxx said:
I think this is a bluff, they told that to Geoff and told him they had no problem with him revealing the info to later surprise everyone in the conference when they anounce its actually 399.

Or... in the "worst" case scenario it is 499 and they let the info be "leaked" so that when they reveal the price the people on the conference arent suddenly upset since they already knew.

What did Microsoft pay Keighley in order for him to take a massive credibility hit for no apparent reason? It's not like his career is dependant on leaks. I don't think he would be in on this. I think he genuinely believes the information he heard was credible.

Well you can also say why would he leak the price of something this big. Would make companies not want to work with him again.

Around the Network

Is this suppose to be a surprise or leak ? I thought most people knew this already.

well, that's a premium price so nothing to be surprise...

wait, the original Xbox One also launched at 499...

so 599 is more like a premium price 

JRPGfan said:

Unless hes pulling a fast one... or MS are changeing it last minute, it seems its going to be 499$.

He LITERALLY has the dollar sign before the number in the post....

Sorry, that bugs me so much.

It's more powerful than any 500 dollar PC, so I think it's fine.  But, the general public doesn't understand.

Geoff repeated the price a few minutes ago on the YouTube Live at E3 show

Around the Network
princevenom said:
fake news
MS S will be $399

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtNaHjLIig

Crapgamer supposedly got 5 differnt insiders saying "its 499$" (this was from yesterday).

He made a video yesterday about it, because he was abit bummed, he thought it was going to be 399$ before yesterday.

Now today Geoff Keighley goes "its 499$".

I think theres a pretty good chance its actually 499$.

Also months ago, Digital Foundry was also saying "this is probably 499$".

JRPGfan said:
princevenom said:
fake news
MS S will be $399

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtNaHjLIig

Crapgamer supposedly got 5 differnt insiders saying "its 499$" (this was from yesterday).

He made a video yesterday about it, because he was abit bummed, he thought it was going to be 399$ before yesterday.

Now today Geoff Keighley goes "its 499$".

I think theres a pretty good chance its actually 499$.

Also months ago, Digital Foundry was also saying "this is probably 499$".

Did you just use crapgamer as a source?

Hiku said:

As some people have noted, there's a sense of irony here.

Xbox One at $499 lost to PS4 at $399.
Now three years later Sorpio at $499 is trying the same thing against a $399 Pro.

History repeats itself.

at least this time it is more expensive because the hardware justifies it

$100 last time was obviously because of Kinect, but even so the price against the PS4 was bad

Hiku said:

As some people have noted, there's a sense of irony here.

Xbox One at $499 lost to PS4 at $399.
Now three years later Sorpio at $499 is trying the same thing against a $399 Pro.

The situation isn't the same, but history repeats itself.

There's an important difference though: The Scorpio is more powerful than the PS4Pro, in 2013 it was the other way around. Due to the power difference Microsoft can justify a more expensive price tag.

It starts in 30 mins, so we should fine out soon.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).