By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381
celador said:
if they have really gone to the effort of a designed leak for that purpose, that is a bit sad imo

It's genius.  Because of this leak that could be fake xbox e3 started trending.  It's good marketing. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
I know very little about Geoff Keighley, but if I found out he was intentionally leaking fake information - I'd never trust or read anything by him again.

And really I'm not sure which is worse. Intentionally leaking fake stuff, or being used by someone to leak fake stuff. One is clickbait desperation, and one is being taken for a fool. Both are bad.

he's like, the dark souls of gaming journalists. 

Well, it is a premium product :)

Would have been happier with $399, but we'll see after the games.

this is what I think, he's working with phil spencer and the $500 price is BS. They're going to create a wow factor with the $399 price. Or maybe I'm crazy asf.

jason1637 said:
celador said:
if they have really gone to the effort of a designed leak for that purpose, that is a bit sad imo

It's genius.  Because of this leak that could be fake xbox e3 started trending.  It's good marketing. 

lol, why is everything MS do always genius? 

Anyway, I still think it is pathetic. If you are confident in your shit, you don't need to manufacture these kinds of things

Around the Network

lulz

GribbleGrunger said:
I'm going to hold off on believing this. This could easily be the old psychological game of ramping up the supposed price in order to make the actual price sound more reasonable.

This is exactly what I think, Keighley just walks into a private/secure rehearsal and then posts info about it... hah yeah right.

More likely this is the top end, their will be two SKU's or a day 1 edition at $499 and the normal price at $399. They are pulling a sony with the price being higher than expected PR ploy, only problem is Sony did the misdirection months before, not on the day of the show...lol

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Soundwave said:

lulz

Is this for reals?

Madword said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I'm going to hold off on believing this. This could easily be the old psychological game of ramping up the supposed price in order to make the actual price sound more reasonable.

This is exactly what I think, Keighley just walks into a private/secure rehearsal and then posts info about it... hah yeah right.

More likely this is the top end, their will be two SKU's or a day 1 edition at $499 and the normal price at $399. They are pulling a sony with the price being higher than expected PR ploy, only problem is Sony did the misdirection months before, not on the day of the show...lol

Geoff said it's starting at $499. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240054981&postcount=1860

celador said:
jason1637 said:

lol, why is everything MS do always genius? 

Anyway, I still think it is pathetic. If you are confident in your shit, you don't need to manufacture these kinds of things

Not everything Microsoft does is genius. 

I'm sure they are confident this is just to get the word out and to get people talking before they reveal a $399 price.