By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Still getting day1 if true?

yes. 51 13.39%

no. 302 79.27%

maybe. 28 7.35%

Total:381

I just want to see the Power Of The Cloud.

That's worth $499 by it self.

Around the Network

When do you guys think they'll announce the price? I think it all depends if it's $499 or $399. If it's $499 they'll open with it to get the bad news done first, if it's $399 they'll close with it.

$499, while ok for the hardware in the box, is a death knell before it even launches.

Sony is going to wait for that opening and then haduken, dragon punch, PS4 Pro price drop for the KO.

poklane said:
When do you guys think they'll announce the price? I think it all depends if it's $499 or $399. If it's $499 they'll open with it to get the bad news done first, if it's $399 they'll close with it.

Bet they will open with it.

Vasto said:

Gets most powerfull console...... so you can ignore it, and instead do things of off cloud servers...

If anything, the scorpio should make the need for cloud based anything in games less.

Around the Network

Is there a Microsoft E3 thread made yet? since its getting close now.

JRPGfan said:
Vasto said:

Gets most powerfull console...... so you can ignore it, and instead do things of off cloud servers...

If anything, the scorpio should make the need for cloud based anything in games less.

I was actually joking but you clearly do not understand cloud computing.

Its like adding another CPU to work with the existing CPU but you are not doing it physically.

Nothing is being ignored and you are doing it because you can. 

Geoff just mentioned the conspiracy theories that Microsoft told him beforehand to tell a fake price so everyone will lose their minds when it's $399 lmao....

Scorpio 

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
poklane said:
Geoff just mentioned the conspiracy theories that Microsoft told him beforehand to tell a fake price so everyone will lose their minds when it's $399 lmao....

so is it true?