By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The better system is...

Nintendo 64 606 48.71%

Playstation 1 638 51.29%

Total:1,244

I think the PS1 library was better and definitely more varied. Better priced too. But I enjoyed the N64 more.

Still hard to buy an $80 Winback over a $35 MGS. :P

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Saturn.

Ps1 for me. Grew up on games like crash 1,2,3 and Crash Team Racing. And the spyro trilogy.

Later I played games like mgs1 and hogs of war. While I never really played that many ps1 games I think I might have only played 1 N64 game so the PS1 pretty much wins ny default for me.

N64 for me as that is the console I have memories of that gen with. I got a PS1 late in the game and only used it for MGS and jrpgs. Had I gotten it earlier, I may have felt differently though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Had both, loved both, but if it came right down to it PS1 wins.

N64 had some of my favorite games of all time, Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, and Goldeneye. I still love these titles, and play them from time to time.

PS1 just had more games, and I spent more time with it, even if not all of the games where at the level of the N64 titles. Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Spyros, Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, Twisted Metal, Legend of Legaia, Wipeout, Smackdown, MLB, NFL Gameday, it just goes on and on.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

PS1 easily if all the games it had in Japan would have made it to the US I even would take a Saturn over the N64.

This is a quality over quantity question for me. PS1 destroys N64 when you look at the scope of library but N64 kills PS1 when it comes to mind bending, industry shifting legendarily good games. When I was young, I'd have picked PS1 because back then the whole adult gaming thing was new and fresh but now? I couldn't choose anything on PS1 over OOT alone.

I think I'd go with N64 if I had to choose. Thankfully I don't as I have both lol.

I'm just not a fan of the N64 and I think some of its games are outdated, from a gameplay point of view. Also I vastly prefer PS1's library over N64's, so PS1 is the easy choice here.

Ps1 by far for me, had tons of awesome games

N64