By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

Which is the best selling handheld Switch or 3DS?

Around the Network

Not surprised for Switch's slip. I looked for a unit during the first two weeks of May and, out of the five stores I tracked, only one received a restock (Walmart) in that time frame, and only three units, which were sold out within 2 or 3 hours after the store opened, mine included. I barely got it.

The situation is quite similar in the whole US, tbh, except in the big cities. Nintendo needs to do better. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Glad to see Injustice 2, MLB The Show 17 et Horizon Zero Dawn.

tbone51 said:
160rmf said:

So this is the month when I will finally get a switch

When you buy it for $499 from a scalper yes

We reap what we sow

I see Switch sales being low in June also. Been looking for one all month and still can't find it.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Which is the best selling handheld Switch or 3DS?

3DS, since the Switch is a hybrid

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Honestly surprised. Thought Switch would take May also.

Nintendo probably won't release numbers now Unless 3DS + Switch combined did pretty good, but I doubt it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Glad to see Zelda, Neir and Horizon all in the top 20! And wow I was sure Nin was taking May! Congrats Sony!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

RolStoppable said:
Switch hardware must have had disappointing numbers if it did worse than the PS4.

Was expected, May always sucks.

Hardware: $147 million (up 7 percent from $138 million)

HW only up 7% with Switch in $. I suspect PS4 is up YoY barely and most others down YoY, and Switch down MoM.