By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Spotlight is going to be 30 minutes long, Treehouse starts 30 minutes later

LipeJJ said:
I'm starting to think they won't announce anything new that we don't know yet...

This sadly wouldn't surprise me, I'm going to keep expectations low for the inevitable shitstorm 

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
I'm starting to think they won't announce anything new that we don't know yet...

Well technically Mario + Rabbids would be a new announcement

But yeah thanks to them doing directs all year round they don't really save massive new game announcements for E3 like a Sony or MS would.

Yeah, lol, I think Mario x Rabbids was supposed to be one of the big surprises, if not the big surprise at the show, Ubi Soft leaks more than the Trump White House. 

It means less of those dumb skits they always did during the Wii U days. Honestly I prefer the old E3 way with the epic presentation and such. Anyway if one were smart and didn't want to come out disappointed they won't have high expectations for next week.

I mean they said that only 2017 games will be shown. The system launched in March. So we know MOST of the lineup. At best we could get one big surprise announcement (That's not Mario vs Rabbids. ). However even that's pushing it.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Expectations lowered, but we'll probably still get one or two new announcements. May be spreading the 2018 games around more of the year.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I'm not expecting much new either. There will probably be a few surprises but Nintendo has enough content to push them through 2017. The year we need to be hyped for will be 2018.

To be honest, I'll be very disappointed if that happens, as I'm expecting at least one big game that I'd be excited for.

TallSilhouette said:

Expectations lowered, but we'll probably still get one or two new announcements. May be spreading the 2018 games around more of the year.

Yeah I think internally Nintendo has already shifted focus to fiscal year 2018-19 and what they will have then. 2017 is basically just about getting Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyessy out now and fixing supply chain issues along with Super NES Mini this holiday. They know they got 2017 basically where they want it, they're not going to expend much more energy on it. I could be wrong and maybe they come out swinging at E3 with all types of megatons, but I'm doubting it right now. 

ktay95 said:
LipeJJ said:

Well technically Mario + Rabbids would be a new announcement

But yeah thanks to them doing directs all year round they don't really save massive new game announcements for E3 like a Sony or MS would.

Soundwave said:

Yeah, lol, I think Mario x Rabbids was supposed to be one of the big surprises, if not the big surprise at the show, Ubi Soft leaks more than the Trump White House. 

Yeah, I hope Mario + Rabbids wasn't the only surprise planned. They should reveal at least 2 2018 titles. I mean, I can understand the focus on the near future, but Q1 2018 isn't even that far off. If they don't announce those games now, when are they going to do it? At later Directs this year? It would be lame, I hope that's not the case. :c

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

That's more than enough time if they just focus on trailers and announcements and then use treehosue to really showcase the games.

Well this is only focusing on one platform instead of two so makes sense.