By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Spotlight is going to be 30 minutes long, Treehouse starts 30 minutes later

Welp there definitely needs to not be any filler then. I'm still going to expect stuff beyond just the 2017 games we already know about as I just can't see Mario Rabbids being the only newly announced game.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Welp there definitely needs to not be any filler then. I'm still going to expect stuff beyond just the 2017 games we already know about as I just can't see Mario Rabbids being the only newly announced game.

There's still the 1st half of 2018 to account for.  If not at E3, they'll have to do some kind of big direct down the line to do reveals for those games.

I think Nintendo will show 1 or 2 of this IP:

- Metroid
- Animal Crossing
- Pikmin
- F-Zero
- Luigi's Mansion

I don't really expect big things in this E3, because... they have the Switch's catalogue covered until the next year imo. Maybe 1 or 2 little susprises for this year and maybe one teaser for an unnanounced 2018 Switch game. Be patient, we'll have a Direct at the end of this year with tons of announcements imho.

Volterra_90 said:
I don't really expect big things in this E3, because... they have the Switch's catalogue covered until the next year imo. Maybe 1 or 2 little susprises for this year and maybe one teaser for an unnanounced 2018 Switch game. Be patient, we'll have a Direct at the end of this year with tons of announcements imho.

I really hope they will do this. A small teaser for one of next year's big games (hopefully Metroid), just so that we know it exists.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

There's still the 1st half of 2018 to account for.  If not at E3, they'll have to do some kind of big direct down the line to do reveals for those games.

Nintendo historically does something in the fall since they skip the Tokyo Game Show.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

As I have maintained since before the Switch launch, it'll be after the holiday season when they start promoting 2018. So December 23rd at the earliest, after all the holiday shopping is done. Probably January.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
As I have maintained since before the Switch launch, it'll be after the holiday season when they start promoting 2018. So December 23rd at the earliest, after all the holiday shopping is done. Probably January.

I doubt that for I think Nintendo wants people to know before SMO launches that there's more games after SMO in order to keep the hype train rolling, and I bet there will be a game releasing in January and/or February that'll need time to be promoted. We'll see of course, but even if not at E3, there could always be Nintendo Directs.