By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Spotlight is going to be 30 minutes long, Treehouse starts 30 minutes later

If you were to shave off the bullshit speeches and forgettable music performances from the other E3 press conferences, you would get a show about 30 minutes long.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

To be fair Nintendo said that in Nintendo's E3 Spotlight will be only Switch content, in previous one we had mixed Wii U and 3DS contents. So 30 min will be enough only for Switch staffs.

I think they'll do Metroid 2018 as the Nintendo surprise, and Call of Duty (maybe not WW2, maybe a port of an older PS3/360-era COD or maybe WW2, who knows) will be the third party "surprise".

The rest will be mostly 2017 stuff though I think.

Some new Amiibo stuff probably too (Mario Odyssey Amiibo). The Zelda DLC I think will be better than people think too. We'll see though. 

Indie games will require time, so will third party various titles, so it's not a ton of time exactly. 

Shikamo said:
KLXVER said:
I guess third parties wont take up much time..

i think third party games will be show on treehouse

Probably, but regardless I definitely expecting trailers of every game in Nintendo E3 Spotlight. They can play Skyrim in treehouse but they will show trailer in Nintendo spotlight.

KLXVER said:
Maybe if the Direct is all games that wont be on the Treehouse thing, then fair enough. No need for a Mario Odyssey trailer if we are going to see it being played live anyway.

That's highly unlikely, we are almost certain getting almost all trailers (no need for full long trailers) in E3 Spotlight regardless Treehouse.

Guess they dont plan on showing a ton of new stuff...

Around the Network

I think Nintendo has a few surprises in sleeve (one big). They will show some games for 2018, but we will see more in November/December Direct.

I expecting in any case that they show at least one unnounced 2018. game, but I expecting around 2-3.

"We are proud to announce the Super Nintendo Mini, which will be available this fall for a demand adjusted classic price of $199.99. In keeping with tradition we are planning to only ship 3 per store and then discontinuing them forever. Please enjoy the classic Nintendo fun of waking up at 4 AM on Best Buy's website trying to get a system only to be beaten to the punch by a 40-year-old 500 pound scalper and his 12-year-old nephew."

"We're announcing Metroid Prime 4 .... for the Nintendo 3DS, take a look at this trailer please".

"And now from Retro Studios .... Donkey Kong Country: Kongo Bongo Bingo Bongo for the Nintendo Switch"

"Now take a look at this new experience ... 1-2 Feel My Balls with HD Rumble. You can really feel the balls, it's 50 mini-games all about balls, and the best part is no matter who wins, you all lose"

"You wanted third party support? Well you got it. Here is FIFA for Nintendo Switch,  this is the same great FIFA gameplay engine as on the Playstation (2)." 

"Finally the cross over you have all been waiting for ... Legend of Zelda x Just Dance: Justin Bieber Edition, you don't have to wait for the game to release because Ubi Soft has already leaked it to stores nationwide and its been available since yesterday."

That concludes our E3 broadcast, see you in 2019 (note: we've decided to have no E3 next year and instead will be doing a pizza party in Reggie's living room as a new E3 concept).

Way too short to get hyped. Probably just 2017 games (ports) we already know of. I'm gonna need to see some big games releasing in 2018 because now the Switch seems like a slightly upgraded Wii U with overpriced ports and indie-games.

I guess it'd be mainly a presentation of Nintendo's 2017 games with release dates, with the addition of that Rabbids game. Maybe one surprise for the next year (FE trailer, possibly and Retro Studios game). And that's it. I don't think Nintendo cares a lot about E3 right now tbh. And, well, I agree with this. It's not THAT relevant anymore.