By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Spotlight is going to be 30 minutes long, Treehouse starts 30 minutes later

I'm a bit disappointed by such a short E3 Direct. I guess that means no fun stuff like the Robot Chicken or Muppets of past E3 shows.

I hope they make good use of those 30 minutes.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ljink96 said:
I'm not expecting much new either. There will probably be a few surprises but Nintendo has enough content to push them through 2017. The year we need to be hyped for will be 2018.

To be honest, I'll be very disappointed if that happens, as I'm expecting at least one big game that I'd be excited for.

I'm sure they have one trump card up their sleeves but I'm just saying that from a 2017 standpoint, Switch has more than enough games for the rest of the year. It just isn't wise to launch a huge amount games that all have selling power within the same year. I think just with the titles left and the holiday, Switch will easily get past the 10 million mark by next march. It's all about making and keeping momentum. Again, hopefully Mario x Rabbids isn't their trump card, hopefully there's a couple of groundbreaking teasers shown.

Strangely i believe Nintendo will not get it right and will manage to disappoint it's customer base and fans at E3. I have a fear that we will mostly see Wii U ports on the Switch, with Odyssey the big main exception. No Metroid Prime 4 will show that Nintendo does not know what it's fans want.

HintHRO said:
Way too short to get hyped. Probably just 2017 games (ports) we already know of. I'm gonna need to see some big games releasing in 2018 because now the Switch seems like a slightly upgraded Wii U with overpriced ports and indie-games.

Sry, I didnt know that ARMS, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Rabbids x Mario, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 are ports.

Well, if their new Nintendo Direct format is anything to go by, then it could be fine.. just as long as there are good announcements is all I care, really

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'm still expecting a condensed, no fluff type of direct that would justify the short time frame but with the Direct being speculated to be just 25 minutes now, maybe people will come into it without impossible expectations for once.

wombat123 said:

I'm still expecting a condensed, no fluff type of direct that would justify the short time frame but with the Direct being speculated to be just 25 minutes now, maybe people will come into it without impossible expectations for once.

Where are you getting 25 minutes from?

Einsam_Delphin said:
wombat123 said:

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/09/the-nintendo-e3-presentation-is-now-being-slated-at-25-minutes-long/

Einsam_Delphin said:
wombat123 said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239715603&postcount=1987

I expect only trailers from the direct, so the lenght is good. The treehouse is made for gameplay scenes.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3