By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Switch really needs Pokemon this year!?

irstupid said:
Miyamotoo said:

I didnt but thats Capcom game and IP and its already released on 3DS, same goes for DQ10 and DQ11 and some other games, I was talking only about Nintendo gaems or their IPs.

Well you threw in Rabbids and Warriors, so thought you were talking big games that will keep the console a hot topic/seller. I mean they are third party games, just using Nintendo characters. Is Rabbids a big seller? Don't really follow the franchise. Funny trailers, but never played or seen played.

But I felt that was the point of this thread. "NEED" A system only needs a game to further it's sales. We all knew before even Poken was announced that the Switch didn't NEED a pokemon game yet. A Pokemon game in the 2018 line-up though makes that year already stelller. Fire Emblem and Pokemon main game. And hopefully a Metroid game. Toss in a new Smash, or even a Deluxe version in the dry February period or something and they will keep it hot.

I through Rabbids because has Nintendo IP also, and it will be exclusive game for Switch.

Point of thread is because of meltdowns why Pokemon is for 3DS and not for Switch, and fact is that Switch doesnt need this year Pokemon because this year for Switch will be very strong in any case.

Around the Network

I guess not. However, it will need a gen 4 remake in 2018.

I don't think Nintendo needs a mainline Pokemon game for this year. It's hard enough finding a Switch at the moment. A new mainline game would make the supply constraint 1000x worse than it already is.

Also it seems that the plan with the Switch out of the gate is to release at least 1 or 2 AAA games a month while filling the rest of the month with weekly updates of new smaller games to fill in gaps. As the OP said. June is Arms, July for Splatoon2, August for Rabbids x Mario, September for Pokken, October for FE: Warriors, November for Mario Odyssey, and December for Xenoblade 2 is filling that gap with at least 1 AAA title a month that we know about so far. We are likely to see some new games announced during the E3 Direct which focuses on new games for this year mostly.

I think the new mainline Pokemon game will be announced next year after hopefully most of the supply issues disappear.

It's not needed, but definitely will be a huge boost if it was..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

With the Switch stock issues happening..... probably not. Was hoping at least to follow what Capcom did with MHXX. Even though the game wouldn't really look good.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
It doesn't: the Switch has plenty for 2017. They really need to make sure that 2018 isn't going to be bone dry, given that the third parties aren't exactly coming up to snuff yet.

.......E3 could change that true, but frankly

Just throwing some ideas around for Nintendo games that could release next year on Switch.

Fire Emblem (confirmed)

Xenoblade (if it gets delayed)

Animal Crossing

Smash Bros

Retro Studio's project

Kirby

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Party

Pikmin

2D Mario/Mario Maker

Hell 2018 could be a solid year for Switch even if Pokemon doesnt release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Of course it doesn't need Pokemon this year, in fact it would probably make more sense to release one in 2018, that doesn't mean I didn't want one, though :)

Not this year, the holidays are covered already with Mario Odyssey, they can't waste all their big guns all at once.

hoping for it in 2018 instead tbh. need games for coming years instead of just dumping everything now while the console is hard to come by

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

No. There is such thing as too many Nintendo games in one year, specifically for the sake of individual game sales. We're already on thin ice releasing new Mario and Zelda in the same year.