By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Switch really needs Pokemon this year!?

Even if it the game is 100% done now, I believe the best option is to save it for 2018. Nintendo is unable to keep up with Switch demand right now already. It would hurt Pokemon sales for sure.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I still don't think Xenoblade 2 is coming this year, but we'll see. That has "delayed to 2018" written all over it though.

^This

Nintendo will sell as many Switches as they put on stores. So, it would be great, but is is not needed at all.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

zorg1000 said:
KrspaceT said:
It doesn't: the Switch has plenty for 2017. They really need to make sure that 2018 isn't going to be bone dry, given that the third parties aren't exactly coming up to snuff yet.

.......E3 could change that true, but frankly

Just throwing some ideas around for Nintendo games that could release next year on Switch.

Fire Emblem (confirmed)

Xenoblade (if it gets delayed)

Animal Crossing

Smash Bros

Retro Studio's project

Kirby

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Party

Pikmin

2D Mario/Mario Maker

Hell 2018 could be a solid year for Switch even if Pokemon doesnt release.

Add in No More Heroes 3, Project Octopath and SMT as potential 2018 titles.

wombat123 said:
zorg1000 said:

Just throwing some ideas around for Nintendo games that could release next year on Switch.

Fire Emblem (confirmed)

Xenoblade (if it gets delayed)

Animal Crossing

Smash Bros

Retro Studio's project

Kirby

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Party

Pikmin

2D Mario/Mario Maker

Hell 2018 could be a solid year for Switch even if Pokemon doesnt release.

well i was just talking about Nintendo IP but yes when you add in 3rd party support Switch probably doesnt NEED Pokemon in 2018........although it would be nice to have

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
wombat123 said:

well i was just talking about Nintendo IP but yes when you add in 3rd party support Switch probably doesnt NEED Pokemon in 2018........although it would be nice to have

And tbh, that's as good of a lineup as you could hope for, in terms of the Switch. Hopefully E3 this year and next will provide us with some more surprises. Heck, doesn't necessarily have to be E3 as long as they maintain consistency with their directs.

No. But i sure hope they dont keep going down this annual Pokemon refresh trend. I want each iteration to feel substantial.

Honestly given the supply situation at the moment and that a 3D Mario will be releasing during the Holiday season, it really doesn't. Would have been nice to have though! D:

Panama said:
No. But i sure hope they dont keep going down this annual Pokemon refresh trend. I want each iteration to feel substantial.

lol this trend is 20 years old, its gonna continue.

1996-Red/Green

1997-Blue

1998-Yellow

1999-Gold/Silver

2000-Crystal

2002-Ruby/Sapphire

2003-FireRed/LeafGreen

2004-Emerald

2006-Diamond

2008-Platinum

2009-HeartGold/SoulSilver

2010-Black/White

2012-Black/White 2

2013-X/Y

2014-OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphirre

2016-Sun/Moon

2017-Ultra Sun/Moon

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Panama said:

lol this trend is 20 years old, its gonna continue.

1996-Red/Green

1997-Blue

Pokemon Red and Blue were released at the same time in 1996 at least in the US. I kmow this beca use my cousin and me each got a version to battle each other at the time, i got blue he got red. There was no Green Version outside of Japan as that was their Blue version. Only with Leaf Green did Green version get an international release