By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Switch really needs Pokemon this year!?

twintail said:
More quality games the better
Why would you try to rationalise otherwise?

Then it's better we don't get Sun and Moon on the Switch.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

I still don't think Xenoblade 2 is coming this year, but we'll see. That has "delayed to 2018" written all over it though.

twintail said:
More quality games the better
Why would you try to rationalise otherwise?

Who say I try to rationaly otewise!?

Always is better to have more games, but that isn't same like that Switch really needs some game this year (Pokemon in this case).

It would be dumb of Nintendo to have Pokemon on Switch this year regardless. They can't keep up with stock as it is.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

It doesn't: the Switch has plenty for 2017. They really need to make sure that 2018 isn't going to be bone dry, given that the third parties aren't exactly coming up to snuff yet.

.......E3 could change that true, but frankly

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

More games is always great. But more big hitters for the holidays for a console that is hard to find right now? Uh...the timing would be wrong and Nintendo wouldn't be able to take advantage of that during this holiday season, especially since the WSJ has indicated that shortage of parts and fighting for assembly lines will continue for the rest of the year.

No. Rationally thinking, Nintendo is probably going to have enough problems trying to satisfy Switch demands this year so why should they exasperate the situation by increasing demand even more with a mainline Pokemon game in 2017?  Plus, they're already covered this year with enough system sellers like BotW, Splatoon 2, MK8:D and Mario Odyssey; what the Switch needs more of are support titles like ARMSU, Xenoblade 2, Pokken Tournament and Fire Emblem Warriors. Nintendo doesn't need Pokemon this year; it needs it next year.

Don't forget Monster Hunter XX
That is also a big seller

irstupid said:

Also Dragon Quest XI...whenever Square Enix decides to annouce its release date.

irstupid said:

I didnt but thats Capcom game and IP and its already released on 3DS, same goes for DQ10 and DQ11 and some other games, I was talking only about Nintendo gaems or their IPs.