By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where is your ancestry?

Where is your ancestry?

European 85 60.71%

East Asian 7 5.00%

Arab/Middle Eastern 9 6.43%

Sub-Saharan African 1 0.71%

Eastern African 2 1.43%

Native American 0 0%

Multiple ancestry 28 20.00%

Other (sorry I forgot D:) 8 5.71%

Total:140
JC317 said:
StarOcean said:

Whoo, Cantonese rep! XD I'm not Cantonese but my gf is. So I've actually seen a similar ad on this Cantonese TV channel her mom watches. Her mom seems to think of Trump as a really funny almost parody version of a President than an actual President. She's not a political person but she loves and laughs at whatever that channel is saying about him. Not that I'd know what they're saying since... I can't speak or understand it XD 

I will say though! A lot of those shows she watches (when they aren't soap operas) have very oddly placed cartoon-y sound effects 

Is it TVB? Or some other Cantonese TV channel?

Umm.. possibly. If it helps its the channel with the show about some guy who's like a ghost or something

Around the Network
The Fury said:
These kind of things always are confusing to me. American's love their heritage because as a country you are young and so tracing your roots is something you do... don't like to admit most of you are German though. :P

Anyway, I'm English, go back far enough, no idea, Anglo-saxon before that well....

It isn't really just an american thing though. Most of the world was at war with Germany and Japan after Pearl Harbor, and contributed in some way. The Italian Campaign had many armies combined. The Soviet side had many armies combined. Very few countries stayed neutral.

StarOcean said:
JC317 said:

Is it TVB? Or some other Cantonese TV channel?

Umm.. possibly. If it helps its the channel with the show about some guy who's like a ghost or something

Yup, that's the channel. Also I don't really like that show. Actually I don't like many of the shows on TVB, they follow too much of the same format...

I can't imagine having to watch TV in a language I don't know without any subtitles, I would probably be so confused.

Mexican and Korean

100% European.

Also almost 100% Flemish too I think. One of my great grandparents had a French surname though, so I guess I have an ancestor (maybe from a few centuries ago) who spoke French.

When going further back in time (1000-2000 years ago), I think I'm mostly German (I have blue eyes and used to be blonde) with a bit of Celtic (my great grandfather was ginger).

Around the Network

I am a Croat from Bosnia , so all our ancestors are 'European' Croatian.
But to be fair most groups in Europe are a mix of peoples (Caucasian) that inhabited the area before the dominant culture arrival and assimilation.

Nahua and Spanish.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

My great grandmother was full native American on my mothers side and my great grandfather on my fathers side was mostly German. I mostly identify with the native American side of my family though.

im swedish, did family history on my parents side back to 1600 here in Sweden... so european?

75% Italian 

25% Polish

I believe my mother's great grandparents came to America from Italy. My father's grandparents on his mother's side came to the US from Poland & grandparents on his father's side also from Italy.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden