By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where is your ancestry?

Where is your ancestry?

European 85 60.71%

East Asian 7 5.00%

Arab/Middle Eastern 9 6.43%

Sub-Saharan African 1 0.71%

Eastern African 2 1.43%

Native American 0 0%

Multiple ancestry 28 20.00%

Other (sorry I forgot D:) 8 5.71%

Total:140
The Fury said:
These kind of things always are confusing to me. American's love their heritage because as a country you are young and so tracing your roots is something you do... don't like to admit most of you are German though. :P

Anyway, I'm English, go back far enough, no idea, Anglo-saxon before that well....

It is true. My mom who is Swedish/Mexican for the longest time hated Germans for the fact "they were the bad guys in WW2" (her words, not mine), and would get mad at me if I was with someone with even a hint of German ancestry actually my current gf is Cantonese/German. But my gf and I decided to do some research on Ancestry.com and one of funniest things was finding out her Swedish side immigrated from Germany to Sweden in the early 1700's XD so now she's fine with them! Even though she should have to begin with >~>

Side note: My family line is weirdly well traceable down to the early 1500's for whatever reason on that website 

Around the Network

All Dutch for as far as I could find. Traced back my father's lineage to a doctor in Antwerp in the 1700s, which is Belgian now obviously. I was born with a Mongolian Spot though which is rare for a European Caucasian. I don't look in any way Asian and neither does anyone in my family, but who knows what kind of baby some trader or explorer came home with from some Asian colony centuries ago.

German, Belgian, Dutch, Indonesian, Indian. Closest to me is 75% Dutch, 25% Indonesian.

StarOcean said:
JC317 said:

Well, I'm actually from Hong Kong and I can tell you that people's opinion can range greatly between Hong Kong and China.

Furthermore, I have been studying overseas for eight years now, so I'm not entirely certain of the general opinion in Hong Kong.

However, if you want to know, there's a pretty funny ad in Hong Kong that shows Trump as an equal to Put in and Kim Jong-Un, so I don't think I need to say much more about opinions in Hong Kong regarding Trump.

Whoo, Cantonese rep! XD I'm not Cantonese but my gf is. So I've actually seen a similar ad on this Cantonese TV channel her mom watches. Her mom seems to think of Trump as a really funny almost parody version of a President than an actual President. She's not a political person but she loves and laughs at whatever that channel is saying about him. Not that I'd know what they're saying since... I can't speak or understand it XD 

I will say though! A lot of those shows she watches (when they aren't soap operas) have very oddly placed cartoon-y sound effects 

Is it TVB? Or some other Cantonese TV channel?

I'd have to get one of those ancestry DNA test kits to know exactly.

Around the Network

100% WAITU PIGU

in the following order...

Hunting Season is done...

Kerotan said:
I'm 100% Irish. In terms of DNA celtic and viking. A great combo.

Celts are a culture not a race... pretty much all Europe on the Iron Age shared celtic culture... which is originary from central Europe by the way, not Ireland. It's core was around Hallstatt, nowadays Austria.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Tryklon said:
Kerotan said:
I'm 100% Irish. In terms of DNA celtic and viking. A great combo.

Celts are a culture not a race... pretty much all Europe on the Iron Age shared celtic culture... which is originary from central Europe by the way, not Ireland. It's core was around Hallstatt, nowadays Austria.

I'm aware of that.  Just saying where my ancestors all lived in the last few thousand years.  Any further back doesn't really bother me.  Sure if we keep going back far enough we were all monkeys in a jungle. 

25% Native American, 75% European