By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jumpin said:

What about an interracial scene, would you say that people who look away out of digust during a scene where a black man is kissing a white woman are not racist?

I guess they are racist?

Offtopic, but I recently saw thriller/mystery/horror movie Get Out (2017) which is about that topic, very original and great movie.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Yeah, why have you been looking at bestiality pictures, nigga?
You're a sick.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Dunno if I count as straight or bi. I tend to date females but, if, for example, my gf was actually a guy the whole time I probably wouldn't mind either (I'd be pissed at being lied to though XD). I also find some men attractive. 

As for stuff like gay people kissing, I don't care if gay dudes kiss. I get weird about gay chicks kissing though. But that has less to do with gay coupling and more to do with being cheated on by a girl twice. Also been cheated on by straight girls so regular couples kissing also bothers me

One simple answer for the OP: Social Conditioning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_conditioning

It's bound to disappear eventually...

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Jumpin said:
m0ney said:
I am straight but I despise homophobics, but I have to admit I look away whenever there's a gay scene in a movie or tv show

What about an interracial scene, would you say that people who look away out of digust during a scene where a black man is kissing a white woman are not racist?

Well I think both are internalised homophobia and racism. I would draw a difference. Your belief systems and internal emotional reactions should be looked at differently. 

Around the Network

I think it's a bit strange you think about two men having sex that much. Also maybe not homophobic but ignorant - as somebody else said, being gay isn't actually about constantly fucking. I love my guy and I'm with him because he's my best friend and the person I want to spend my life with. Basically homosexuality doesn't equal sex. Being gay is as much an emotional thing as a physical thing.

StarOcean said:

Dunno if I count as straight or bi. I tend to date females but, if, for example, my gf was actually a guy the whole time I probably wouldn't mind either (I'd be pissed at being lied to though XD). I also find some men attractive. 

As for stuff like gay people kissing, I don't care if gay dudes kiss. I get weird about gay chicks kissing though. But that has less to do with gay coupling and more to do with being cheated on by a girl twice. Also been cheated on by straight girls so regular couples kissing also bothers me

Hmm. I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about determining whether or not you're heterosexual or bisexual, but it depends on what way you find men to be attractive. It may or may not be sexual attraction. But talking about your second paragraph, it does seem like you do have some repressed memories that are affecting your feelings. Are you afraid that your current GF will do the same? Maybe you should talk to her about it, I think that having a discussion over those fears may be beneficial. Or maybe I'm giving out potentially damaging advice...

I'm a little similar. I don't find homosexuals being romantic as disgusting but it can be disgusting like anyone else can be. I don't like it when they kiss or act overly gay in front of people to get attention, make a statement or get a rise out of people. It's not doing their cause to be accepted any favors acting like that. It's the quickest way to get me to not like a gay person.

You are not homophobic just from feeling weird if you see two men kissing next to you if you like woman. I mean, I don't like to see people doing it at all in front of others (french kissing, not a small kiss on the lips) and as less I am attracted to the persons doing it, as worse I find it (if I see an "ugly" straight couple kissing I find it also worse as a good looking one)

When two men kiss each other and you like woman, then that discomfort may be the biggest simply because of that, you are the least attracted to that combination.

But as long as you don't try to tell them that they aren't allowed to do it but straight couples are, I think it should be fine.

€dit: Ok , to feel as  bad as looking at beastiality pictures might be a strong form of feeling "bad" looking at pictures of gay couples but still, as long as you don't start to talk bad about gay people and as long as you are as nice to them as to everyone else I think you are fine. 

Jumpin said:
m0ney said:
I am straight but I despise homophobics, but I have to admit I look away whenever there's a gay scene in a movie or tv show

lol this question answers it all!