By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344
Mar1217 said:

My take on this situation :

That's basically my take on it as well. Yes it is clunky, and when we first heard about the app, who here in their right mind didn't think it would be clunky. This is set up seems to be focused at using the Switch in handheld mode only. Plus it is probally a (very poorly made) play at giving the developer all the power they can from the system. But from what I seen in this thread and my own experience none of the console really have that great of voice chats for different reasons. (Sony because of ditching Blu Tooth for the PS4, Nintendo because it IS an abomination, and Microsoft because there is alway an immature player that will need to be muted every time.) So frankly when I do play an online game I do without.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
What in the actual fuck Nintendo...

The Switch is shaping up to be my primary console for multiplat games for portability purposes, but this shit is a hige set back. I had a feeling it was coming, but I had no idea it would be this bad!

Just use an app on your phone if you want voice chat. Don't bother with this current planned setup.

VGPolyglot said:
KLAMarine said:
Guys, just use a phone app. Seriously. The headset looks awesome but the setup for this looks far too complex.

This Discord thing I've heard about, is there a phone app for that? Just use that or any other app for talking.

Yes, there's a phone app for Discord, but that wouldn't be integrated with the Switch itself, which means you can only do online chat with people that you planned to do it with beforehand.

So what if it isn't integrated with the Switch? I would text people beforehand if I wanted to chat with people then.

"Hey Joe, let's play some Fifa or Splatoon 2"

"Cool what time you on?"

"5 pm"

"Okay, cool. Will be there then"

I don't know, seems pretty simple.

Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:

Wait you were being serious when you said you owned a Windows Phone??

Do you at least have Discord on them?? I mean let's be real everyone should just Discord anyway.

Why would I joke about having a Windows phone?

And no, I don't have discord on it!

Well, it's a...Windows Phone.

OT:

If you can switch (har har) between Switch and phone audio or mix 'em together I can sorta see how this thingy can be useful while traveling.

Still doesn't change the fact that the connection between the phone and the Switch should be wireless because it's freaking 2017! And why can't you install the app on, you know, the Switch!? Why a middle guy? Nobody likes middle guys!

And it still comes of as a terrible solution when you're home and playing on the tv and there's a distance between you and the console.

This method is obviously the most suitable for Switch's mobility feature without having an added 4G SIM card, and the power draining wireless connections 

Why not just have a SMS-like all and bluetooth/plug-in compatability? Switch can have a very effective network, but this is preventing it

Around the Network

Man, Nintendo is just so innovative that it almost looks like they have no idea what they're doing...

Bwahahahahahaha

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Just why? You have bluetooth on the switch Nintendo.... Let us use it god damn it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Just why? You have bluetooth on the switch Nintendo.... Let us use it god damn it

Do they though?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Do they though?

Its how we can connect the joycons and stuff to pc so yes

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I mean.... I just... I can't even.

Is this Nintendo's way of trying to ensure kids don't use voice chat because kids aren't supposed to have access to phones? It's the only thing I can imagine this might possibly imagine to try and force a phone into this.