By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation is dominating Amazon

Tagged games:

It's nice to think it's being spent on a wide variety of software but it's likely just CoD/GTA/FIFA that sees most of that money.

Sony makes ~$100/PS4 a year in digital revenue (~$20 profit). Once Switch has sold tens of millions, their digital cards will also be topping the charts. Nintendo will be making a lot more profit than $20/console too.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Mummelmann said:
And hardware? How does that look?

The numbers the PS4 is showing are far from mindblowing considering the utter lack of competition, so while the numbers in and on themselves are pretty good, relatively speaking it's far from incredible, especially compared to the overall sales and yoy growth of previous generations. So; yes, the PS4 is doing well, but it has a lot more to do with the competition being poor than the PS4 being amazing.

The last time I checked, the PS4 is up YTD (according to gaf) from a pretty good 2016. It's doing amazing, we're just used to it. 

Is it really? Even at its best, it's beating the PS3's best by only 15-20%, and the PS3 was a third place console for a long time with some really stiff competition while the PS4 took a huge lead and never looked back and came against a Microsoft that crippled themselves out the gate and the biggest console flop Nintendo ever made, all the while the industry and market has grown year after year. With all these factors in mind, it's not doing amazingly, not even close. If I beat a sleeping man in a wheelchair and a limp person with crutches in a foot race, that doesn't make a great runner...

Pyro as Bill said:
It's nice to think it's being spent on a wide variety of software but it's likely just CoD/GTA/FIFA that sees most of that money.

Sony makes ~$100/PS4 a year in digital revenue (~$20 profit). Once Switch has sold tens of millions, their digital cards will also be topping the charts. Nintendo will be making a lot more profit than $20/console too.

All hopefully  wishing.. 

When the switch has sold 50 mill ps5 is already  far into  the  genn..

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Mummelmann said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The last time I checked, the PS4 is up YTD (according to gaf) from a pretty good 2016. It's doing amazing, we're just used to it. 

Is it really? Even at its best, it's beating the PS3's best by only 15-20%, and the PS3 was a third place console for a long time with some really stiff competition while the PS4 took a huge lead and never looked back and came against a Microsoft that crippled themselves out the gate and the biggest console flop Nintendo ever made, all the while the industry and market has grown year after year. With all these factors in mind, it's not doing amazingly, not even close. If I beat a sleeping man in a wheelchair and a limp person with crutches in a foot race, that doesn't make a great runner...

How is the competition for the PS4 lower when the XBO is above the 360 launch aligned?..

Also the PS4 is almost 50% ahead of the PS3 launch aligned and in theory should beat the Wii and the PS1 lifetime.

And Nintendo isn't competition. The targeted audience is too different.

xl-klaudkil said:
Pyro as Bill said:

All hopefully  wishing.. 

Switch will sell tens of millions (more than PS4) and Nintendo will make more profit/console than Sony. The only wishful thinking is believing all PS4 owners will upgrade to a PS5.

If Nintendo lets 3rd parties keep 100% of any DLC and/or portable CoD/GTA/FIFA becomes popular, Sony can say goodbye to all that lovely digital revenue.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The PS3 outsold the 360 most weeks and finished with a higher sales rate.  The "third place" in total units moved doesn't mean anything when comparing how well devices are selling.

TruckOSaurus said:
So can we expect a thread every time the top items on Amazon change from company to company?

Yeah, it's pretty silly, since Amazon hourlies just show the current trend and bounce up and down with great frequency when new pre-orders are announced. During E3 in a few weeks, a ton of new products are going to flood in and then vanish a few days later. But apparently it's good console war fuel, going by the last few pages. 

So that's how PSN generates more money than all of Nintendo, those damn PSN cards at Amazon!

Pyro as Bill said:
xl-klaudkil said:

All hopefully  wishing.. Compro 

Switch will sell tens of millions (more than PS4) and Nintendo will make more profit/console than Sony. The only wishful thinking is believing all PS4 owners will upgrade to a PS5.

If Nintendo lets 3rd parties keep 100% of any DLC and/or portable CoD/GTA/FIFA becomes popular, Sony can say goodbye to all that lovely digital revenue.

Lmao can't believe this guy is actually serious haha it will take years and years for Switch to Outsell Ps4, and I doubt it will happen, Ps4 is a >100m Console. 

Switch to sell 150m confirmed but this guy theory Lmao so good so good. 

iNathan said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Lmao can't believe this guy is actually serious haha it will take years and years for Switch to Outsell Ps4, and I doubt it will happen, Ps4 is a >100m Console. 

Switch to sell 150m confirmed but this guy theory Lmao so good so good. 

Yea its seems some fans  expectations  are over the roof  because  switch has been selling  decent  a couple   of months  not knowing  its already  tracking  behind  ps4 in the same  timeframe. 

Let me say i  again  

Ps4  usa 1mill first 24 hours.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil