By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation is dominating Amazon

Tagged games:

Mummelmann said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The last time I checked, the PS4 is up YTD (according to gaf) from a pretty good 2016. It's doing amazing, we're just used to it. 

Is it really? Even at its best, it's beating the PS3's best by only 15-20%, and the PS3 was a third place console for a long time with some really stiff competition while the PS4 took a huge lead and never looked back and came against a Microsoft that crippled themselves out the gate and the biggest console flop Nintendo ever made, all the while the industry and market has grown year after year. With all these factors in mind, it's not doing amazingly, not even close. If I beat a sleeping man in a wheelchair and a limp person with crutches in a foot race, that doesn't make a great runner...

Errrm... Ok?!?

If you want to believe what you said then good for you. I guess some people will go to great lengths to justify to themselves why they think the PS4 isn't doing great when reality suggests otherwise. 

Different subject, I agree about not having a thread everytime a company is doing well on Amazon. It's hard to criticise this thread though when a similar thread in Nintendo's favour was allowed to run. 

Around the Network
Turkish said:

So that's how PSN generates more money than all of Nintendo, those damn PSN cards at Amazon!

Mhmm, it's definitely not the paid subscription /s

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

dunno but IMO it's strange if people prefer psn cards over games

xl-klaudkil said:
iNathan said:

Lmao can't believe this guy is actually serious haha it will take years and years for Switch to Outsell Ps4, and I doubt it will happen, Ps4 is a >100m Console. 

Switch to sell 150m confirmed but this guy theory Lmao so good so good. 

Yea its seems some fans  expectations  are over the roof  because  switch has been selling  decent  a couple   of months  not knowing  its already  tracking  behind  ps4 in the same  timeframe. 

Let me say i  again  

Ps4  usa 1mill first 24 hours.

Pretty hard to track ahead of something when there is no product to buy, no? Switch is sold out everywhere, therefor they are at as close to max sales capacity as they can get. There is no point comparing the two until Switch reaches a point where it can be distributed at a higher rate than it is being bought. And that may be awhile.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

PlayStation domination!!

Around the Network
Turkish said:

So that's how PSN generates more money than all of Nintendo, those damn PSN cards at Amazon!

Why is it that the white guy is in the picture frame?  I call racism.

It is interesting to see the ol' war heating back up. It's been awhile, to be honest. Old gladiators seem to be returning to the site now, as well, especially the ones who like to make outrageous claims.

pokoko said:
It is interesting to see the ol' war heating back up. It's been awhile, to be honest. Old gladiators seem to be returning to the site now, as well, especially the ones who like to make outrageous claims.

This gen finally got interesting!

Signature goes here!

Pyro as Bill said:
It's nice to think it's being spent on a wide variety of software but it's likely just CoD/GTA/FIFA that sees most of that money.

Sony makes ~$100/PS4 a year in digital revenue (~$20 profit). Once Switch has sold tens of millions, their digital cards will also be topping the charts. Nintendo will be making a lot more profit than $20/console too.

Top psn downloads in April.  Looks like they're being spent over a varied list of games! 

1 Persona 5
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
4 The Last Of Us Remastered
5 MLB The Show 17
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Outlast 2
9 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
10 ARK: Survivor’s Pack
11 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX
12 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
13 Horizon Zero Dawn
14 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
15 Mass Effect: Andromeda
16 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition
17 Dishonored Definitive Edition
18 Need for Speed
19 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
20 EA SPORTS UFC 2
Turkish said:

Love that gif.  And yeah if psn revenue is bigger then Nintendo revenue we can see these cards are shifting a lot of units. 

SuperBott said:
dunno but IMO it's strange if people prefer psn cards over games

Here have a look at this list of the top bought games on psn. As someone else said maybe they're just using these cards to buy avatars but I've a feeling they use them to buy games. 

1 Persona 5
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
4 The Last Of Us Remastered
5 MLB The Show 17
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Outlast 2
9 Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
10 ARK: Survivor’s Pack
11 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX
12 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege