By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2017 Press Conference Thread - It's over

Tagged games:

Conference was alright imo.
Compared to the last few years it was definitely the worst one because it had not even one surprise. But I also have to admit that the last few E3 conferences were very strong from Sony and almost impossible to beat.
I really liked that they focused on showing their games, one trailer after the other and no unnecessary PR talking between them. I loved the footage they showed for their upcoming exclusive games (God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human...). The lack of new game announcements really disappointed me though, but it's better for the developers to wait and develop their games instead of showing something in a very early stage completely different from what the end product would look like. I also think that the conference was very short. Too short imo.

6/10

Around the Network

Who won? MS or Sony? I felt like nobody won and gamers lost. The Easy Allies looked devastated it physically hurts me.

Sorry but Sony showed Uncharted/God of war/spiderman/etc games we all saw before and except for Horizon DLC and Uncharted they don't release this year....The VR games were new but I felt like people were happy it was over and the Skyrim VR is a dream for me but they showed it off poorly..and I can't say FFXV was better :s.

The two new announcements were basically a trailer for a multiplatform game that I want to play but did not really showed that well. And SoTc is one of my favourite games but it is nothing new for the best that I can hope for is that they add more to the game like it was originally envisioned.

And then it was finished and basically everyone was like is it already finished? :(

Personally Ubisoft conference was more enjoyable for me that mario/rabbids game get announced and release this year that's how conferences should be imo.

This E3 was amazingly dissapointed.

Things like Crash Bandicoot and Hidden Agenda which were shown in the pre-show should have been at the conference itself.

BraLoD said:
I hope we get info about SotC this following days, they need to let us what exactly it'll be.
Oh, and Shu didn't come once to the stage... I may start to agree with Briggle that Sonu purposedly held stuff they had planned for yesterday.
They are probably really trying to move expectations to PSX instead of E3 and it can be wise, overall this E3 was one of the weakest I remember whatching.
I guess it was one of the most honest about games that we'll get decently soon, tho.

thats just a lame and made up excuse to try and justify the show being bad. 

Another disappointing show at E3 this year I can't give it anymore than a 5 out of 10 mainly due to the fact I have no interest in Uncharted series I hate seeing a great studio like Insomniac working on a Spiderman game when they could be doing much betters things such as a new IP or working on more Ratchet & Clank/Sunset overdrive sequels.

I also get a feeling were are going to see a lot of these games again at next E3 before they even release likely including the ones that were marked for early 2018 getting delayed closer to the end of 2018 as that seems how things are this gen.

Shadow of the Colossus was nice to see as it's one of my favourite games but not much to go on with it yet and Monster Hunter was a decent surprise to see also been the main positives for me :)

Looks like Ubisoft are going to be winning E3 this year... damn I never thought I'd be saying that.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Another disappointing show at E3 this year I can't give it anymore than a 5 out of 10 mainly due to the fact I have no interest in Uncharted series I hate seeing a great studio like Insomniac working on a Spiderman game when they could be doing much betters things such as a new IP or working on more Ratchet & Clank/Sunset overdrive sequels.

I also get a feeling were are going to see a lot of these games again at next E3 before they even release likely including the ones that were marked for early 2018 getting delayed closer to the end of 2018 as that seems how things are this gen.

Shadow of the Colossus was nice to see as it's one of my favourite games but not much to go on with it yet and Monster Hunter was a decent surprise to see also been the main positives for me :)

Looks like Ubisoft are going to be winning E3 this year... damn I never thought I'd be saying that.

I mean that is kind of an odd statement then why would you hate seeing them working on a Spiderman game? Doesn't that mean we could possibly FINALLY get a really good Spiderman game? That should make you happy....unless you just don't like Spiderman or something. And Spiderman is a New IP for them lol...unless I am mistaken and they have made one in the past.

OT:

Overall good conference....I have come to not expect super big things at these conferences anymore. I just look to see games and gameplay and that's what I got so it was a good one for me personally.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

As a showreel it was fantastic.

Conferance wise, it needed more people shooting guns(devolver,) more swearing, 20 minutes of Indies, A decent celebrity presenter, everything in the pre Show merged into the main show, A live battle between both sides of the Star wars - then single player gameplay. All of the stuff saved for PSX moving back. Much more use of the word exclusive, especially on the actual exclusives. Half of the audience changed to plants, cheering things nobody real would ever cheer.

Then it would have been what everybody wanted, and the same people would still be giving it a 3/10 anyway :).

BraLoD said:

But we didn't even get Shu

I said all the stuff in the pre show merged, but yeah more Shu too.

TheBlackNaruto said:
WoodenPints said:

I mean that is kind of an odd statement then why would you hate seeing them working on a Spiderman game? Doesn't that mean we could possibly FINALLY get a really good Spiderman game? That should make you happy....unless you just don't like Spiderman or something. And Spiderman is a New IP for them lol...unless I am mistaken and they have made one in the past.

OT:

Overall good conference....I have come to not expect super big things at these conferences anymore. I just look to see games and gameplay and that's what I got so it was a good one for me personally.

I've never been a fan of Spiderman so such a great studio like Insomniac working on a licensed Spiderman game is just a waste of their greatness in my opinion, They have so many great series of their own they could make sequels to or reboot them or just straight up create a new IP and spending years working on Spiderman robs us of that. I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though as it seems many are looking forward to it.

WoodenPints said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

OT:

I've never been a fan of Spiderman so such a great studio like Insomniac working on a licensed Spiderman game is just a waste of their greatness in my opinion, They have so many great series of their own they could make sequels to or reboot them or just straight up create a new IP and spending years working on Spiderman robs us of that. I'm probably in the minority with that opinion though as it seems many are looking forward to it.

Ahhhhhh okay gotcha well that makes sense then. If you are not a fan then it would make sense that you woild not be for the game. I am not a huge Spidermang ame myself but the game actually looks pretty good to me so that's why I am looking forward to it. I haven't played a good Spidermang ame yet so hopefully this turns out like the Batman Arkham series and gives Spiderman the respect he deserves in a game!

Afterwards though I am sure they will get back to R&C I think. I am not sure what they will do with SO though and that is too bad seeing as it is my current favorite XB1 exclusive.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23