By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch vs Ps4 - Who will win 2017 WW

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said: 

Found it. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8674649

Now tell me what's wrong with my prediction and then I'll tell you what's wrong with your quote

After careful examination of your post, I've concluded that what is wrong is you.

I just switched the links.  Take a look again. But don't spoil don. Let Him figure it out

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

I just switched the links.  Take a look again. But don't spoil don. Let Him figure it out

Sorry, tbone. I don't think you can weasel yourself out of this one.

My sarcasm detector is broken. I cant tell

Barkley said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

So again, what do you expect for shipments numbers?

13.5-14m shipped by end of 2017. Though it could be a little higher then that.

So you expect basically USA and Japan sales to ONLY account for 68% or 63% of shipments. Maybe i should you show that:

Q1 2017 - 2.74m
NPD + MC = 1.48m / 54% of shipments

Q2 2017 - 1.97m
NPD + MC = 1.05m / 53% of shipments

Q3 2017 - 2.93m
NPD + MC = 1.49m / 51% of shipments

Switch sold over 2.5 million in USA and over 1.5 million in Japan last quarter. Switch USA/Japan ratio decreased every quarter, and it was never as high as 55%, and even using that, Switch would be at over 7.27m shipped... for a total to 14.9M, USING THE LOWEST US/JP RATIO EVER... oh, and i round low, cause tecnically Japan is 1.52m, and US is OVER 4.8m LT, so we talk about OVER 4 million US+JP. You, and literally everyone massive underestimate Switch performance in the rest of world, and for "rest of word" i don't even mean Europe, cause people still think RW = Europe.

Europe is PART of rest of word, but people only considere Europe. Switch shipments:

Q1 2017 - 2.74m
AM - 1.20m
JP - 0.60m
RW - 0.94m

Q2 2017 - 1.97m
AM - 0.75m
RW - 0.69m
JP - 0.52m

Q3 2017 - 2.93m
AM - 1.17m
RW - 0.93m
JP - 0.83m

You expect only 5.87 to 6.37 million units shipped this quarter, do you really don't understand how low your numbers are?

To be honest, using a < 55% ratio, my 15 million prediction i made in January is still super strong. Right now i'm not too confident in that but only because i want to be conservate, it's surely by far more realistic than your numbers lol.

Switch shipments are gonna be 14.5m-15m or more, anything under 14m is crazy.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Barkley said:

13.5-14m shipped by end of 2017. Though it could be a little higher then that.

That's fine, I'm not here to argue shipment numbers anyway, like I said it could be higher than 13.5-14m, it wasn't a confident prediction.

My point to you was about consumer sales before you shifted it to shipments.

Barkley said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

That's fine, I'm not here to argue shipment numbers anyway, like I said it could be higher than 13.5-14m, it wasn't a confident prediction.

And do you really think the difference between shipments and sales is gonna be that high? With Switch having a very bad stock situation in Japan, and also Benji reporting stocks problems for Switch were bad even in USA during December, you think there are gonna be 1.5-2 million difference  (or more) between sold and shipped figure?

There is a reason if i talk about shipments: this is what Nintendo release. The 10 million sold annunced was a particolar special event, they won't do again this end of the quarter, they rarely annunce console sales worldwide, just shipments, and that's what i use, while you still want to use VGC even if you should know is super inaccurate as a source?

If they seriusly ship 15 million, you can say goodbye to your 12.4-12.8 million sold estimate lol.

You know what, fine, whatever you want, 13.5 million is not the minimum if we really want to assume the "anything is possible" thing. This doesn't mean your numbers right now are super pessimist, can you AT LEAST tell me reasons you think Switch should be under 13 million sold? When right now EVERYTHING show Switch should be over that.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
DonFerrari said:

It have been quoted in this thread a little back.

Where is the 17.2m figure coming from by the way?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8675271

Didn't took long to find it.

Found it. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8674580

Now tell me what's wrong with my prediction and then I'll tell you what's wrong with your quote

Yes nothing wrong with PS4 not managing to reach half Switch sales WW in 2017.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
tbone51 said:

Found it. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8674580

Ok wait for the kicker.... Look at the date it was posted. Now ill wait for that apology

tbone51 said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok wait for the kicker.... Look at the date it was posted. Now ill wait for that apology

Apology for what?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
tbone51 said:

Apology for what?

Apology for not understand he is freaking joking lol

Ryng_Tolu said:
Barkley said:

And do you really think the difference between shipments and sales is gonna be that high? With Switch having a very bad stock situation in Japan, and also Benji reporting stocks problems for Switch were bad even in January, you think there are gonna be 1.5-2 million difference between sold and shipped figure?

There is a reason if i talk about shipments: this is what Nintendo release. The 10 million sold annunced was a particolar special event, they won't do again this end of the quarter, they rarely annunce console sales worldwide, just shipments, and that's what i use, while you still want to use VGC even if you should know is super inaccurate as a source?

If they seriusly ship 15 million, you can say goodbye to your 12.4-12.8 million sold estimate lol.

You know what, fine, whatever you want, 13.5 million is not the minimum if we really want to assume the "anything is possible" thing. This doesn't mean your numbers right now are super pessimist, can you AT LEAST tell me reasons you think Switch should be under 13 million sold? When right now everything show is over that.

"do you really think the difference between shipments and sales is gonna be that high?"

Depends how long it takes from shipping the consoles to them being available to purchase on shelves, I don't believe there is a large amount of stock available to purchase, but there may be in transit.

"while you still want to use VGC even if you should know is super inaccurate as a source?"

I've already used figures other than VGC to show that current VGC numbers are not "super innacurate" at this time, as they lineup with official numbers from Nintendo for USA, Mediacreate numbers for Japan, and Official numbers from Nintendo for France.

"This doesn't mean your numbers right now are super pessimist, can you AT LEAST tell me reasons you think Switch should be under 13 million sold? When right now everything show is over that."

The reasons are... the 10m sold to consumers figure given by Nintendo, while there is some debate on when this figure actually applies to (december 3rd? December 9th?) It doesn't matter either way. I gave the Switch a 12.5m-13.5m range upon the announcement of this figure, estimating the Switch would sell between 2.5m and 3.5m for the remainder of december.

Now with the mediacreate, and official numbers for USA/France I have edited that to 12.4-12.8m, which for the most part is within my original range.

2.4-2.8m sold between December 4th and December 31st is not a low figure.

In fact to assume Switch sold more than 3m in December is to assume the Switch outsold PS4 GLOBALLY in december.

Last edited by Barkley - on 13 January 2018