By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX – Switch vs. 3DS comparisons

katakpisang said:
curl-6 said:

MH sells enough to justify production values that aren't 2-3 generations out of date. There are Dreamcast games that look better than MH 3DS.

then show me which action/advanture games on dreamcast has better animation works, model polycounts, physics, effects and etc better than MH on 3ds with 240p resolution.

Shenmue, Dreamcast

Monster Hunter 4, 3DS

Around the Network

curl-6 said:
katakpisang said:

then show me which action/advanture games on dreamcast has better animation works, model polycounts, physics, effects and etc better than MH on 3ds with 240p resolution.

Shenmue, Dreamcast

Monster Hunter 4, 3DS

Nice emulation picture there

vs

Bonus: pure fluid animation works 

Could have done with more than just an up-res, I mean just look at the water in the 3rd picture...

Looks much better on the switch :)

katakpisang said:

curl-6 said:

Shenmue, Dreamcast

Monster Hunter 4, 3DS

vs

They both look bad. Curl has a point, Capcom should be putting alot more effort into probably it's most profitable franchise.

Around the Network
think-man said:
katakpisang said:

vs

They both look bad. Curl has a point, Capcom should be putting alot more effort into probably it's most profitable franchise.

They did on the 3ds for the best technical looking game on that system with high quality hunter and monster design and animation

take a look at the witcher 3 combat gameplay+animation = lmao (final boss fight)

vs MHXX normal monster fight

Normal monster fight in Monster Hunter is more intense than final boss fight in the witcher 3, the reasons are because of combat system, animation, weapon weight and physics and monster animation.

Man, look at the swordfish. Complete change. Better than I expected.

well i havent played a monster hunter game since MH freedom 2 on psp..looks like perfect time for me to get another monster hunter

katakpisang said:
curl-6 said:

MH sells enough to justify production values that aren't 2-3 generations out of date. There are Dreamcast games that look better than MH 3DS.

FYI this is how MH look on 3ds with 240p resolution vs Phantasy star online dreamcast

vs

graphical quality alone MHX is superior than any action/adenture dreamcast games now with animation works and combat physics, oh boy

I hate to say this but Curl, you have been totally crushed by this guy.

Nuvendil said:
Very similar situation to Tri vs 3U. It's some solid texture work and image quality enhancements, it's just the base state of it on a polygon level is holding it back. Similar to Twilight Princess HD. Now this looks better than 3U, due to the fact XX is better looking on a technical level than Tri, but it still shows. I think it looks nice for what it is and I may well make this my first MonHun game. But I am much more interested in what the future holds with a MonHun built specifically for the Switch.

I agree, it is exactly like Tri and 3U on WiiU and 3DS. The WiiU-version was more or less a simple resolution-upgrade (they did made some additional details, but not much). And I'm fine with it. I have both 3U for WiiU and 3DS, but MOnHun is one of the few games that I think explicitly need the higher resolution. If a monster some way away is 3 moving pixels this is no fun, guessing what it is and what it does. The bigger resolution really helps. I skipped XX because I didn't want to buy that for 3DS. I'm happily will pick it up for Switch and it seems that Capcom will support it in future.

I don't think the game really needs an optical upgrade besides the resolution. I'll take it obviously, but more content (more monsters and regions) is much more preferable.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]