By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
Barkley said:
Ubisoft - 8/10
Sony - 6.5/10
MS - 6/10
EA - 2/10

Nintendo can take this e3.

Sony deserves more than 6.5 with Monster Hunter World announcement. I would peg them at 7.5.

And I wouldn't hope that NIntendo can crush Ubi and Sony. They'll only have one or maybe two announcements, and them not being big (say for instance Smash remake for Switch).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

VGC is already slow to load at the moment. I think Nintendo is going to bring it down soon .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Mnementh said:
Barkley said:
Ubisoft - 8/10
Sony - 6.5/10
MS - 6/10
EA - 2/10

Sony deserves more than 6.5 with Monster Hunter World announcement. I would peg them at 7.5.

And I wouldn't hope that NIntendo can crush Ubi and Sony. They'll only have one or maybe two announcements, and them not being big (say for instance Smash remake for Switch).

I also find it hard to believe. I think that Nintendo will wait for Q4 this year to make some big announcements for the next year. I expect this Spotlight to be heavily focused on this year's Switch and 3DS titles. Maybe one or two new announcements. I'd be very surprised otherwise.

Niintendo is in a great position to "E3" if they reveal any bombs during its showtime. If they are just gonna spend most of their time on Switch games we already know (Splatoon, Mario+rabbids, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, FE) and not unveiling anything new, truly unique to the Switch, then i'd put them on the same boat as MS and Sony. If they unveil a lot of games for the rest of 2017 though, I gotta give it to them.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mnementh said:
Barkley said:
Ubisoft - 8/10
Sony - 6.5/10
MS - 6/10
EA - 2/10

If the community weren't so lukewarm on the trailer I would agree but it seems to have left more people worried then excited.

Around the Network

Less than 2 hours remaining!

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Areym said:
Niintendo is in a great position to "E3" if they reveal any bombs during its showtime. If they are just gonna spend most of their time on Switch games we already know (Splatoon, Mario+rabbids, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, FE) and not unveiling anything new, truly unique to the Switch, then i'd put them on the same boat as MS and Sony. If they unveil a lot of games for the rest of 2017 though, I gotta give it to them.

I think 2017 is prety much covered, with one important exclusive launching each month. My guess would be for this year:

August - Rabbids

September - Pokken

October - FE Warriors

November - Xenoblade (though I'm still doubtful about this being possible)

December - Mario Oddyssey

So, an announcement for 2018 could be that Pikmin game and Retro's game. Some teasers would be nice, alongside with a FE2018 teaser, that'd be 3 big franchises announced for the next year. I'm keeping my expectations in check though.

Hmm, I think we all know what Xbox is looking forward to.

Don't know if I should study or watch the Spotlight. :(