By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 1st Year in Japan could be one of the Strongest Lineups Ever of All Time

It could be.

Around the Network
celador said:
tbone51 said:

Also i think you have this huge grudge against nintendo fans. Im not ripping on sony bruh!

no grudge, i am a Nintendo fan. I'm just pointing out some hypcorisy, that's all

Sorry, and yes there was some port hate back in 2014. I do remember hearing it. Gen8/9 ports all over the place lol

Boutros said:
tbone51 said:

Did all 3 of those games come out in year 1? Also splat2 will outsell them

Yes..

Wii Fit launched over one year after the Wii.

Boutros said:
Green098 said:

Pokemon, will for sure. I would have to wait till Monster Hunter 5 for those sales but who knows, it's not out of the question for Super Mario Odyssey, and I've got a lot of good feelings about a Splatoon game on a handheld. Would have higher hopes Dragon Quest XI if it came out the same day.

Sure they're by no means guarantees, but nothing ever is, but my two bets on what will be 3 million seller lifetime in Japan are Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Although I'm also interested in seeing how well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will end up doing.

Wouldn't Pokémon Stars be a third version? How often do third versions sell over 3m?

Well this certainly isn't the same situation, as we are taking about a HD version, that isn't on the same platform as the other versions, and most likely won't be able to connect with the 3DS versions online.

It'll be the first Pokemon game on Switch, so it's not like people have 2 previous versions to play on that platform.

IsawYoshi said:
Boutros said:

Yes..

No...

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
celador said:

no grudge, i am a Nintendo fan. I'm just pointing out some hypcorisy, that's all

Sorry, and yes there was some port hate back in 2014. I do remember hearing it. Gen8/9 ports all over the place lol

Yeah, I don't even have problems with ports personally, it can be nice to play some favourites through again on a more powerful system. 

celador said:
tbone51 said:

Also i think you have this huge grudge against nintendo fans. Im not ripping on sony bruh!

Definitely some hypocrisy, no doubt. Although, to be fair, I don't think PS4 versions of Battlefield 4 and Flower compare to Switch versions of Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8.

Boutros said:
Will any of those games reach Wii Sports/Wii Play/Wii Fit level of sales?

Yes.

Pokemon, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing (and SMB) will reach their level of sales in Japan.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Boutros said:
IsawYoshi said:

No...

You are right, it just launched 364 days after the Wii launched. Still not over a year!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Boutros said:
IsawYoshi said:

No...

Sad to see you disagree. It did though. Stop bogging down the thread.

I think it would be wise of nintendo to let animal crossing slip into the holiday of next year in japan. They have quite a lot comming already, and with the great launch that will only become better. Nintendo have however already used many of their big guns this year, they need to space them out a bit as well. Bring in some more new great IPs like arms and splatoon instead!