By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Switch will sell over 100 million units

Tagged games:

Azuren said:

Historically, Nintendo platforms sell less than their previous generations 

if only that were true

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Sounds like a lot of the Wii U would hit over 100 million, beat x1 easily, etc predictions. How about waiting a year before making insane predictions

Everyone is allowed to dream.

I have my doubts it'll hit 30 million

mM
leo-j said:

What's your reasoning for that? All of the main Nintendo handhelds have sold more than that.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Back in March my prediction was 90-100 million, but in recent weeks I've been feeling pretty ballsy for the Switch.

I believe Switch will sell 125-135 million by the end of 2024.

So, that'd equal around 15.625m to 16.875m per year.

zorg1000 said:
Azuren said:

Historically, Nintendo platforms sell less than their previous generations 

if only that were true

Feel free to look it up.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

VGPolyglot said:
leo-j said:

What's your reasoning for that? All of the main Nintendo handhelds have sold more than that.

Well I think it's really the third party support and the online infrastructure.... it can't really compete with ps4.... unless Mario ends up being a zelda quality ip.... it's all about games and zelda is the reason switch is even selling today 

mM

Personally I don't feel confident enough in my crystal ball-gazing skills to draw conclusions about the sales of a specific product 5-6 years in the future.

But I do feel confident enough in my number-reading skills to state pretty definitively that the Switch is on pace to beat the 3DS's first calendar year sales of some 13 million. If Nintendo can keep that up for 5-6 years then 100 mil is certainly within their grasp.

Switch will sell 100 millions

At least wait until it beat the Xone (when it's 40 millions, end of 2019 if it happen) before making these topics.

It will already be hard to sell more then 45 millions.