By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Switch will sell over 100 million units

Tagged games:

barneystinson69 said:
160rmf said:

And what indications are showing that it won't?

If gaming history had told us, you can't determine the system future by looking at previous devices.

BTW, your thread is the definition of a ridiculous prediction.

That it had a strong launch, but it isn't blowing the world on fire. PS4 is already beating the Switch with one month of sales, so...

Thanks to stock issues and only in Europe 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
barneystinson69 said:

That it had a strong launch, but it isn't blowing the world on fire. PS4 is already beating the Switch with one month of sales, so...

Thanks to stock issues and only in Europe 

If you want a Switch, learn French or Italian lol.

Anfebious said:

4) Cartdriges. Belive it or not using cartdriges is a big deal, people like the format. It encourages people to buy physical games. The only downside is that Indies aren't willing to put their games on cartdriges, such a shame.

because the minimum order required from Nintendo is not worth it (same applies for MS).

Sony has a lower minimum order required for producing physical versions which is why that company, Limted Games (or something) consistenty releases PS4 and PSV games.  

A great man once said fap

So I shall agree

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

I genuinely don't know if this is a troll thread or not.

Either way, we won't have a good idea until E3. Online, third parties, and western appeal are all huge potential issues right now that genuinely may not get resolved. And those remaining issues would definitely cripple its chances immensely.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
A great man once said fap

So I shall agree

*faps*

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

spemanig said:
I genuinely don't know if this is a troll thread or not.

Either way, we won't have a good idea until E3. Online, third parties, and western appeal are all huge potential issues right now that genuinely may not get resolved. And those remaining issues would definitely cripple its chances immensely.

I assure you, it is 100% genuine.

Third parties aren't an issue, just like the Wii the Switch is going to be just fine. Nintendo games, AA games and indies are all it needs.

Western influence? Bah, japanese software is on the rise haven't you heard?

Online could be the awesome sauce.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

The 3DS might limp its way to 70 million, and that system's "hook" did it no favors. So 100 million for a system with a hook that people are obviously intrigued by seems reasonable. Once the 3DS wraps, Nintendo can use all the weapons in their arsenal, up to and including at least one main series Pokemon game exclusive to the Switch. They should get a couple good exclusives from Japanese third parties like Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch. Hopefully they get at least one new franchise to catch fire to really put them over the top.

There are many obvious pitfalls that could stop them but I'm sure they've already been said in the first seven pages here. Still I'm relatively optimistic from this start.

I feel like it might be too early to call it, but it could definitely swing that way.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

barneystinson69 said:

Just a heads up, the Wii U and the 3DS COMBINED have done less than 80 million, and the 3DS has been on the market for almost 6 years. What makes you think that the Switch will go above and beyond that?

How are 3DS & Wii U sales relevant to Switch sales?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.