By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Switch will sell over 100 million units

Tagged games:

The 3DS might limp its way to 70 million, and that system's "hook" did it no favors. So 100 million for a system with a hook that people are obviously intrigued by seems reasonable. Once the 3DS wraps, Nintendo can use all the weapons in their arsenal, up to and including at least one main series Pokemon game exclusive to the Switch. They should get a couple good exclusives from Japanese third parties like Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch. Hopefully they get at least one new franchise to catch fire to really put them over the top.

There are many obvious pitfalls that could stop them but I'm sure they've already been said in the first seven pages here. Still I'm relatively optimistic from this start.

Around the Network

I feel like it might be too early to call it, but it could definitely swing that way.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

barneystinson69 said:

Just a heads up, the Wii U and the 3DS COMBINED have done less than 80 million, and the 3DS has been on the market for almost 6 years. What makes you think that the Switch will go above and beyond that?

How are 3DS & Wii U sales relevant to Switch sales?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Lawlight said:
Those who predict 100M for the Switch, I wonder how much they predicted for the PS4.

115 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm going to tag this just to remind myself that I forgot to give you a large repository of jazz arranges of Touhou music.

I do agree with the premise, though I anticipate that if the Switch is too successful, Sony will come out with a counter to it.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Just a heads up, the Wii U and the 3DS COMBINED have done less than 80 million, and the 3DS has been on the market for almost 6 years. What makes you think that the Switch will go above and beyond that?

They're not, but they're relevant to Nintendo as a whole. Historically, Nintendo platforms sell less than their previous generations (with the anomalous exception of Gen 6), so it's not outside of the realm of reasonable predictions to believe it won't hit 80m or more.

That said, it's very difficult to get a hold of right now and has great sales numbers. I feel the next few months will be crucial to whether or not the novelty of the Switch sticks, and should it do so, 100m is definitely a reasonable predictions.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

barneystinson69 said:

That it had a strong launch, but it isn't blowing the world on fire. PS4 is already beating the Switch with one month of sales, so...

For one, what does PS4 performance have to do with anything?

Secondly, Switch is virtually sold out in most major markets.

Back in March my prediction was 90-100 million, but in recent weeks I've been feeling pretty ballsy for the Switch.

I believe Switch will sell 125-135 million by the end of 2024.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

They tell us what happens when Nintendo messes up, so the logical conclusion is that 80m should be the floor for Switch sales predictions.

You have to forgive barney for getting obvious things wrong. He is a fan of the Calgary Flames.

XD

At least I root for a team that tries its best, not the one that has the most money...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I like to be optimistic, but I'm not ready to believe a prediction like that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread