By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch Vs. PS4 games comparison first 81 days

SuperBott said:
"Switch - 40 reviewed games.
PS4 - 33 reviewed games. This would be as of February first 2014."

nice and people are saying there are no games on the NS.

it really doesn't have games at retail though

checked my local stores what I can buy (list below), not really spoilt for choice. 

LoZ BoW

Just Dance 2017

Super Bomberman R

1-2 Switch

Has-Been Heroes

Lego City Undercover

MK8 Deluxe

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Around the Network

that's nice, remember to do the same comparison after four years

you probably won't though

celador said:
that's nice, remember to do the same comparison after four years

you probably won't though

Switch > PS4 confirmed? Wont be a fair comparison tbh :O

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:
I don't believe you, I bet you separated the Neo Geo collection and counted each game separately.

The 6 NeoGeo games are counted seperatly, and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Specter of Torment are counted as seperate games in his comparison.

The Switch has gotten a good number of games, but lets be real, few of them are full retail games and a many of them are several years old.

Edit: All 6 do have reviews.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

First post updated with list of games.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I was hoping for a thread more like this. I remember another thread comparing the two console's library, but with both current libraries, which seems ridiculous and unfair, and would only serve to push an agenda. This seems to be a more fair and interesting comparison to open discussion about.

LOL people on this forum did that literally all the time when the PS4/XBO came out saying the Wii U was a better console because it had more games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Miguel_Zorro said:
I'd love it if somebody had the time to go through both lists and take out any ports/remasters/anything that isn't truly new.

The lists for both consoles would be pretty bleak, outside of a few games. We were discussing it today, the launch lists for most consoles are typically not great.

It would be bleak for the Switch. The PS4 had a lot of big, new games. To give you an idea of how low the number of releases for the Switch is - they had to separate the neo geo collection, separate the shovel knight game and count several iphone to Switch ports. At least 2 games in that list didn't get even get enough reviews  on the PS4 but did on the Switch.

I love my list wars so I'd be happy to put this to the test.

Lawlight said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
I'd love it if somebody had the time to go through both lists and take out any ports/remasters/anything that isn't truly new.

The lists for both consoles would be pretty bleak, outside of a few games. We were discussing it today, the launch lists for most consoles are typically not great.

It would be bleak for the Switch. The PS4 had a lot of big, new games. To give you an idea of how low the number of releases for the Switch is - they had to separate the neo geo collection, separate the shovel knight game and count several iphone to Switch ports. At least 2 games in that list didn't get even get enough reviews  on the PS4 but did on the Switch.

Do it.

Tumbleseed on the Switch - 11 reviews for a score of 81.
Tumbleseed on the PS4 - 5 reviews for a score of 69.

Lawlight said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

you keep talking about the "Neo Geo Collection" but there is no such thing on Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.