By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Safari hunter Killed During Hunt

Rab said:
Nautilus said:

How can you be so cold about him?If you read the article, he has a wife and 5 children.

He was a cold man, he left many orphans, destroyed many families and felt great satisfaction in his job, he got what he deserved 

Did you read my post, or just chose to ignore it because it didnt fit your opinion?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Zkuq said:

Well, there's not much I can say if you don't trust science. I kind of understand your point of view though, because regarding food, the results do indeed feel like they're constantly changing. Often, it sounds like correct results are misinterpreted, but I don't really know. Anyway, science is all we've got.

Also, your post reminds me I forgot my original point in my last post. Harmful and lethal are two different things. For all I know, red meat could be completely harmless to most people, but it could cause even lethal diseases in some people, lowering life expectancy and being harmful and lethal to some. As far as I can see, it's perfectly plausible that red meat is harmful, at least in excess. Observing the effects of some things can be very difficult and slow though, so it might seem like they don't have any effect. Food is often one such thing.

EDIT: Offtopic, but it's noticeably easier to read your text if you put a space before the word after a period. That's also how English is supposed to be written, and that's also how most people write it. Just a friendly tip!

Oh, my whole point in about the science always changing about stuff like this, is just a point to show that, outside of taking things to extreme or close to it, having a healthy diet depends alot on your own body. Due to the metabolism of one person, he or she may react better to meat than other, thus being more helthy for that person to eat more meat. And of course the oposite would be also true. What I simply dont agree with is the statement that meat is unhealthy, even if you dont eat much of it. It varies from person to person sure, but the meat is as healthy as it gets(you can get most nutrients you need out of it, and also has unique nutrients that you can only get from it).

The whole point is moderation. Only eating meat can be potentially bad, but not eating any of it is also potentially bad(vegans and vegetariants needs to take supplements to conpensate, if they are taking their diet seriously).I think it should go without saying, anything in excess can be harmful, even water is.

Can't really disagree. Not sure how big the differences are between people's bodies, but that's probably a valid point.

Nautilus said:
Cobretti2 said:

The elephant had a family too.

If he needed money for college cool but that was in 1989, could have gotten a degree that didn't require killing for 28 years.

Sure we eat meat but we bread it to eat it. We don't go around killing endangered or on the verge of extinction animals for fun. 

Exactly.I condonne this kind of activity.Endangered or protected animals is completely off limits. And this hunter wasnt doing anything like this. Hence people should be more respectful here in my opinion.

Elephant are endandered though lol

Old graph, but in that 30 years below their population has shrunk by 60%

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/wildlife-african-elephants-population-decrease-great-elephant-census/

Awesome! Well deserved!

Cobretti2 said:
Nautilus said:

Exactly.I condonne this kind of activity.Endangered or protected animals is completely off limits. And this hunter wasnt doing anything like this. Hence people should be more respectful here in my opinion.

Elephant are endandered though lol

Old graph, but in that 30 years below their population has shrunk by 60%

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/wildlife-african-elephants-population-decrease-great-elephant-census/

Huh, didnt know that.But the article dosent state anything about illegal hunting, so I guess where he hunts is not illegal?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
m0ney said:

Seriously? He was a mass murderer. Should have happened 30 years sooner.

Yes.How can you be so cold about him?If you read the article, he has a wife and 5 children.He started this business not because he enjoys seeing animals squirming in pain, but because he needed money for college.And I mean, humanity hunts animals for its entire existence(and animals do the same).Outside of the possibility of him torturing an animal just for the fun, he did nothing wrong.And as far as I can see, its all legal, and nothing shady about his business.

I always find it funny when people acusse these guys of being "mass murderers".Do you eat meat?Then you also are a mass murderer, because you incentivize the killing of animals, even if they are raised for it, to harvest their meat.Do you eat fish?Then you also are a mass murderer, because you incentivize fishers to go out in the see and capture and kill the fish out there for our consuption.Do you eat vegetable and plants?Then you re also murderer.They are also living beings, and just because they dont scream and cry dosent make them less living.There are more and more researches indicating that plants have councioness, so they are as much alive as any other animal.

Its very hyprocrite to be judgemental of these stuff because you are distant from them.Dont get me wrong, I dont like it either.But I wont judge here when Im as much "guilty" as them, like you are doing.

This. It's also important to note that a lot of the meat from legal hunts are donated to local villages, who are happy for the food.  The problem with the elephant population has little to do with legal hunts, but more to do with poachers who kill indiscriminately and often.

It disgusts me to see people act as if those who don't agree with their views mean nothing.  They are scum whose lives mean nothing, so the lose of their life means nothing.  And sometimes it should even be celebrated.  What a horribly bigoted and closed minded view towards life.

That's karma for ya.

is the elephant ok

shikamaru317 said:
Some of these comments make me sick.

Yeah. Some people need to chill out and stop being so self-righteous

Well im no fan for death to anyone. However he was killing and died. If he wasnt taking away life in the first place, his life would be still here.
Serves him right. Animals deserve just as much respect.