By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Safari hunter Killed During Hunt

Nautilus said:
Rab said:

He was a cold man, he left many orphans, destroyed many families and felt great satisfaction in his job, he got what he deserved 

Did you read my post, or just chose to ignore it because it didnt fit your opinion?

Read everything you posted, you’re not a bad guy, in fact I think you’re a compassionate person, you do see human life as more important though which gives you an understandable compassion for the hunter

I don’t see the humans as more important, we are far from dying out, and we have some very destructive tendencies, but humans are unique and amazing as well, but in this situation I see it from the elephants point of view (as much as I can, being human), my best guess is he deserved his fate, no if or buts

I would not like anyone to die, nor if I had the power would I order anyone to die, the elephant was acting in self-defense and protecting its family, the hunter died killing the elephants family, so be it

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Turkish said:

Processed red meat=carcinogen

Red meat=probable carcinogen

Dont believe me, ask the World Health Organization.

The world functioned without fast foods before Mcdonalds arrived and it could still function without them.

If that were the case, and if prolonged "exposure" to red meat were anywhere that harmful, humanity would be long extint.

I think it goes without saying that everything in excess is bad for your health, and can even be fatal.Thats where that harmful aspect of meat probably comes from.I mean, it cant be healthy to just eat meat.But that applies to virtually everything.I mean, even nuts can be fatal if you eat enough of them.(Brazillian nuts, if Im not mistaken, can become poisonous if you eat too many of them).Im too lazy to research now, but Im 99,99999% sure the same can be said to vegetables, other types of meat, derivates from milk, and so on.

What makes your comment especially ignorant is that just because processed red meat is carcinogen(and that only happens when you keep eating excessively for years and years), and it highly likely it is so because of quimical products on it, you say that the normal red meat is also carcinogen.Its the same ignorance to say that vegetables and fruits are bad for your health just because the "industrialized ones", the ones that they use chimical products to increase productivity, extent its life and so on,  can be harmful for your health if you eat too many of them for too long.

To the last comment, I mean, yeah of course it did.But then again, we are not living in caves anymore and we dont need tecnology to live.But its an option and a nice one at that.

What the hell are you talking about? Did we live in caves before mcdonalds arrived? Where did you get your history education?

The excess amount of red meat is something like 70g a day. Average meat consumption per capita in US is over 120kg. And no, we dont eat vegetables in the same excess amount we do meat so dont you worry about people killing themselves eating tomatoes.

You should maybe read scientific studies or if you can't go watch some documentaries because it sounds like you don't know much about these things.

Also I just noticed it but LMAO @ you equating the killing of endangered species in Africa, with the eating of tomatoes because they are living things too LOL! Good thing I found it, it's probably a contender for one of the most ridiculous things said on the internet EVER. hahahahahahah 

News like that always puts a smile on my face. Like when a bullfighter gets impaled in the ass or something.

Turkish said:
Nautilus said:

If that were the case, and if prolonged "exposure" to red meat were anywhere that harmful, humanity would be long extint.

I think it goes without saying that everything in excess is bad for your health, and can even be fatal.Thats where that harmful aspect of meat probably comes from.I mean, it cant be healthy to just eat meat.But that applies to virtually everything.I mean, even nuts can be fatal if you eat enough of them.(Brazillian nuts, if Im not mistaken, can become poisonous if you eat too many of them).Im too lazy to research now, but Im 99,99999% sure the same can be said to vegetables, other types of meat, derivates from milk, and so on.

What makes your comment especially ignorant is that just because processed red meat is carcinogen(and that only happens when you keep eating excessively for years and years), and it highly likely it is so because of quimical products on it, you say that the normal red meat is also carcinogen.Its the same ignorance to say that vegetables and fruits are bad for your health just because the "industrialized ones", the ones that they use chimical products to increase productivity, extent its life and so on,  can be harmful for your health if you eat too many of them for too long.

To the last comment, I mean, yeah of course it did.But then again, we are not living in caves anymore and we dont need tecnology to live.But its an option and a nice one at that.

What the hell are you talking about? Did we live in caves before mcdonalds arrived? Where did you get your history education?

The excess amount of red meat is something like 70g a day. Average meat consumption per capita in US is over 120kg. And no, we dont eat vegetables in the same excess amount we do meat so dont you worry about people killing themselves eating tomatoes.

You should maybe read scientific studies or if you can't go watch some documentaries because it sounds like you don't know much about these things.

Also I just noticed it but LMAO @ you equating the killing of endangered species in Africa, with the eating of tomatoes because they are living things too LOL! Good thing I found it, it's probably a contender for one of the most ridiculous things said on the internet EVER. hahahahahahah 

Says the person who thinks we should ban fast food. ugh.

Rab said:
Nautilus said:

Did you read my post, or just chose to ignore it because it didnt fit your opinion?

Read everything you posted, you’re not a bad guy, in fact I think you’re a conditionate person, you do see human life as more important though which gives you an understandable compassion for the hunter

I don’t see the humans as more important, we are far from dying out, and we have some very destructive tendencies, but humans are unique and amazing as well, but in this situation I see it from the elephants point of view (as much as I can, being human), my best guess is he deserved his fate, no if or buts

I would not like anyone to die, nor if I had the power would I order anyone to die, the elephant was acting in self-defense and protecting its family, the hunter died killing the elephants family, so be it

Oh, I definely agree with you this.I just dont think he deserved to be treated like this(as in, the thread title and the general response given to him in the thread). He was a hunter, so he knew the dangers of what entailed with it. He "deserved" to die in the sense that he lost the fight against the elefant, which was only defending himself. Much like in the wildlife in that the strong wins against the weak, thats just what happened here and it is just the reality of it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

It really falls down to personal tastes or personalities really.I think the answer to the question you proposed would be the same for a question that you could make to a hooker for example.In my opinion, being a hooker, either man or woman, is shameful and denegrating to say the very least, but it dosent mean that the person itself is bad.It just means that, outside of the possibility that she/he does that by necessity, he/she prefers that line of work, or simply put, gives much more money than the alternatives.In that scenario, would you judge the person because of his job too?

If a hooker enjoys their line of work, they enjoy giving and recieving pleasure. If a hunter enjoys their line of work, they enjoy murdering animals from a distance with a rifle. The latter category more comfortably fits in my "bad person" definition without more context.

Nautilus said:

Huh, didnt know that.But the article dosent state anything about illegal hunting, so I guess where he hunts is not illegal?

It's legal to stone women to death for "allowing" themselves to be raped in some societies. Doesn't mean I'm ok with any law passed by a current government.

Semi-related, saw this on my feed today:

What an accomplishment.

As to the first point:Its not that simple. I may be talking shit now, since I never hunted nor do I know any hunters, but enjoying a hunt and having total disregard for life is two very different things.And I mean, assuming the hunt is legal and it is moderated(as in hunters dont hunt enough to endanger a species in any way), how much different is that picture if instead of humans, it were lions or any other animals?We are, in the end, also animals.The big problem here is perception.You and I have different ideas of what wrong and right is.And taking off the obviously wrong things, what I can consider wrong you can consider normal, and vice versa.Personally I see prostitution as being worse than hunting for example(legal and hunting only animals in abudance, of course).It goes from person to person.

As for the second point, yeah didnt know that elephants were so low on population.So I dont quite agree with that hunt.But my vision for hunters in general stays the same.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Turkish said:
Nautilus said:

Wut?Did you read my post or are your interpretation skills that bad?

If you wish to stay ignorant, be my guest.After all, they say ignorance is a bliss.But dont go on blabbing that to others. You will be making a fool of yourself.

We are predators but we are also supposed to be human and we have to draw the line somewhere. Mowing down freaking elephants and giraffes for sport should be death penalty. I don't care how many times his wife popped a baby out.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Nautilus said:
Turkish said:

Wut?Did you read my post or are your interpretation skills that bad?

If you wish to stay ignorant, be my guest.After all, they say ignorance is a bliss.But dont go on blabbing that to others. You will be making a fool of yourself.

Yeah thats what your posts here claim. How else is anyone suposed to interpret equating killing elephants with eating tomatoes because apparently they're living things too LMAO!

And about ignorance, I was glad to have you educated about the dangers of processed and red meat.

Nautilus said:
m0ney said:

Seriously? He was a mass murderer. Should have happened 30 years sooner.

Yes.How can you be so cold about him?If you read the article, he has a wife and 5 children.He started this business not because he enjoys seeing animals squirming in pain, but because he needed money for college.And I mean, humanity hunts animals for its entire existence(and animals do the same).Outside of the possibility of him torturing an animal just for the fun, he did nothing wrong.And as far as I can see, its all legal, and nothing shady about his business.

I always find it funny when people acusse these guys of being "mass murderers".Do you eat meat?Then you also are a mass murderer, because you incentivize the killing of animals, even if they are raised for it, to harvest their meat.Do you eat fish?Then you also are a mass murderer, because you incentivize fishers to go out in the see and capture and kill the fish out there for our consuption.Do you eat vegetable and plants?Then you re also murderer.They are also living beings, and just because they dont scream and cry dosent make them less living.There are more and more researches indicating that plants have councioness, so they are as much alive as any other animal.

Its very hyprocrite to be judgemental of these stuff because you are distant from them.Dont get me wrong, I dont like it either.But I wont judge here when Im as much "guilty" as them, like you are doing.

It sucks for his kids and his wife that thier dad was such an idiot. Doesnt stop the fact that he hunted for sport, not need. I am an avid meat eater and porefer it as rare as possible, I would not however kill an animal for sport....ever. It will either be food for my family and I or will get killed in self defense and then become food for my family and I. Big difference from what this douchebag died doing. Good for the Elephant.