By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Selling the box for the Splatoon 2 separately in Japan, Yeah Just the Box

Bizarre

reminds me this

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

It's either a mean trick or a "rain check" gift.

Well, it does look pretty cool lol... I almost wish I had that one instead of my original Switch.

Unlike the original packaging, this one would actually look quite nice displayed if you've themed a room or area of the room around games.

Also, now assholes on eBay can sell "CIB (Complete in Box)" Switch's in the future without the hassle of having to fake their own versions. Another win for auction assholes! :D

Although... given this is indeed a Nintendo made box, is it technically CIB Like New when paired with another Switch? That's not technically fraud anymore... this is new territory that I don't have answers for :D

Surprised it is so cheap. Wonder where it ranks in amazon top 20 that is dominated by splatoon.

I mean... it is a good looking box...

Around the Network

Damn...one of the only companies I know who can sell out of an empty box...

The key buyer for this should be the retail outlets that wish to carry the actual bundle when in stock.

I actually wonder how retail outlets place all those empty boxes now. Do they have buy it like this, do they get it free,  do they gut console from the boxes and use that as display.

Johnw1104 said:
Well, it does look pretty cool lol... I almost wish I had that one instead of my original Switch.

Unlike the original packaging, this one would actually look quite nice displayed if you've themed a room or area of the room around games.

Also, now assholes on eBay can sell "CIB (Complete in Box)" Switch's in the future without the hassle of having to fake their own versions. Another win for auction assholes! :D

Although... given this is indeed a Nintendo made box, is it technically CIB Like New when paired with another Switch? That's not technically fraud anymore... this is new territory that I don't have answers for :D

Could also included "Rare Japanese import"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I actually don't think that's so bad. I mean if they ever released a Mega Man bundle, I would buy just the box for it since I already have the console and would buy the game anyway.

I'd buy it if I ever lost the box and I wanted to sell my switch. It is crazy the price you can haggle if you have the box.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850