By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is Selling the box for the Splatoon 2 separately in Japan, Yeah Just the Box

OH MY GOD!!!
I BOUGHT 5 WII only because of the box...

I wish they could do this with any/every single new box!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

I will buy one if I can get it in Australia.

Probable Nintendo over produced these boxes by mistake so instead of throwing them out, there selling them and probably at a loss.

Selling a product that appeals to collectors and no one else? Oh the Hugh Manatee.

In seriousness, I don't get the issue. They'll be printing a ton of these boxes during assembly, this will be a cheap way to avoid scrap, and throw collectors a bone to boot. Really, the only ones hurt by this are people that jump in thinking they can get a Switch for $5. And I'd like to hope this group is the exception and not the rule.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I want to see all the trolls that fill the boxes with rocks or something and then sell them through Ebay or other internet sites. Hey, it's a legitimate box, someone will be scammed!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I want to see all the trolls that fill the boxes with rocks or something and then sell them through Ebay or other internet sites. Hey, it's a legitimate box, someone will be scammed!

Not sure what the big deal is, though hopefully this doesn't give scalpers and scammers any ideas :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Not sure what the big deal is, though hopefully this doesn't give scalpers and scammers any ideas :/

I suspect you can consider it as done.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!