By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

Mbolibombo said:
Slarvax said:

Switch increased to PS4 levels in Europe. Any reason why? I think FEW released that week, but you know, that's not really a system seller.

Probably in preparation of SMO.

It should be down the week before Mario, not up. Like in Japan.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Updated OP

Mbolibombo said:
Switch looks to be on fire. Could it possibly be ahead of the PS4 within the next 10 weeks when the PS4 goes in to holiday frenzy?

Chances are Switch will be higher after this holiday season and then PS4 will take over in a few months when it has it's holiday season etc etc.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Mbolibombo said:
Switch looks to be on fire. Could it possibly be ahead of the PS4 within the next 10 weeks when the PS4 goes in to holiday frenzy?

Chances are Switch will be higher after this holiday season and then PS4 will take over in a few months when it has it's holiday season etc etc.

Yep Switch will pass it with its holiday numbers followed by PS4 retaking the lead when its 2nd holiday comes into play. Its anyones guess what happens after that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Slarvax said:

Switch increased to PS4 levels in Europe. Any reason why? I think FEW released that week, but you know, that's not really a system seller.

I noticed that as well. Maybe they finally caught on.

Around the Network

Is it supposed to be that sales in Japan for switch and PS4 are EXACTLY th same??? Not even one unit difference?! This is unprecedented lol

LimaBean01 said:
Is it supposed to be that sales in Japan for switch and PS4 are EXACTLY th same??? Not even one unit difference?! This is unprecedented lol

Pretty sure they're going to change that. That is ridiculous.

Also, I wish it would show us how the PS4 got all those additional sales. I know it's probably the "Other" part that makes the PS4 have those sales but the streamlined three region count puts the PS4 at only 10k above the Switch. I think someone showed me how to find that sometime but I already forgot.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
LimaBean01 said:

Pretty sure they're going to change that. That is ridiculous.

Also, I wish it would show us how the PS4 got all those additional sales. I know it's probably the "Other" part that makes the PS4 have those sales but the streamlined three region count puts the PS4 at only 10k above the Switch. I think someone showed me how to find that sometime but I already forgot.

Well according to the current week 34 sales...

amongst the three major regions:

-PS4 sold 243,762 units

-Switch sold 237,944 units

but amongst the ‘other’ region:

-PS4 sold 68,606 units

-Switch sold 23,402 units

kind of strange as I usually find ‘other’ sales reflect Europe sales quite closely. Also that other sold double the PS4’s as Japan.

Slarvax said:
Mbolibombo said:

Fire Emblem Warriors release shold push it up a bit, but it's a bit too much, I agree

Slarvax said:
Mbolibombo said:

Unlike in Japan, stock is not an issue for all parts in Europe.