By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

The Switch avalanche has officially started

Around the Network

I'm very happy with the Switch sales - so far. For November and December I'm expecting a ~10M sales by the end, when you put all the titles released/releasing and bargains into consideration.

With Switch production set to go up and up, I'm curious if the weekly comparisons are now officially green going forward.  Love this thread.

zygote said:

With Switch production set to go up and up, I'm curious if the weekly comparisons are now officially green going forward.  Love this thread.

I'm fairly certain it will be, even at Week 44 if all goes well.

SpokenTruth said:
That is the Switch's single biggest week over PS4 since the launch window.

Week 21. Unless you include it in the launch window

Around the Network

Did the PS4 numbers got some very late adjustments? I remember Trunks saying he would have to do some major adjustments with it's numbers basically from the start of the console as the numbers on the site and Sonys sales announcements didn't add up. Going by the gapchartz, the gap between PS4 and Switch is apparently almost 400k smaller than here in the thread.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Did the PS4 numbers got some very late adjustments? I remember Trunks saying he would have to do some major adjustments with it's numbers basically from the start of the console as the numbers on the site and Sonys sales announcements didn't add up. Going by the gapchartz, the gap between PS4 and Switch is apparently almost 400k smaller than here in the thread.

The numbers I'm using from VGChartz are up to date for now at least for PS4 at 8,723,315 for week 31

So according to this article: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270277/switch-vs-ps4vgchartz-gap-chartsseptember-2017-update/

The gap apparently is smaller between the Switch and the PS4 (which numbers have been edited to better reflects Sony's sales announcement). Result is, at week 31, PS4 is at 8.35 million instead of 8.72.

Can someone in the admin team confirm this? Has numbers being adjusted?

Week 32 is up on the main, and it's another week in favor of the Switch

Updated OP