By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS will have free DLC charcter, stages, and arms post launch

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

Sure. I guess thats why I didnt buy Wii Music either. Im just so damn irrational and dont love everything Nintendo.

What a lame example, Wii Music was nonsense shit, nobody defends that game. You are sounding like those that said Splatoon had no appealing, that's the right example, not Wii Music.

Splatoon has variety and is a very fresh take on the shooter genre.

What does Arms do that makes it look so great in your opinion?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What a lame example, Wii Music was nonsense shit, nobody defends that game. You are sounding like those that said Splatoon had no appealing, that's the right example, not Wii Music.

Splatoon has variety and is a very fresh take on the shooter genre.

What does Arms do that makes it look so great in your opinion?

Look the Direct, is one of the best Nintendo has done, it will do a better job than any of my words.

KLXVER said:

The reviews will probably turn many people off. This game will have a hard time reaching 70 on MC I think.

That's just all the more reason for people not to buy it to begin with, so my question still stands unanswered.

KLXVER said:

What does the game have that will make it last? The gameplay looks very random. Theres no strategy to it. Just punch and maybe turn your hand a little. motion controls will ruin it by not being accurate enough and regular controls will lose the whole gimmick.  

Unique gameplay with plenty of depth, tons of variety, and free content updates will make it last. For elaborations on what I just said, simply watch the directs. Afterwards if you still don't think the game is good then we can discuss the game's quality now that you're actually informed on the subject. It's pretty silly that you would claim a game to be bad while not being very knowledgable about said game, that's just blind hate. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
KLXVER said:

The reviews will probably turn many people off. This game will have a hard time reaching 70 on MC I think.

That's just all the more reason for people not to buy it to begin with, so my question still stands unanswered.

KLXVER said:

What does the game have that will make it last? The gameplay looks very random. Theres no strategy to it. Just punch and maybe turn your hand a little. motion controls will ruin it by not being accurate enough and regular controls will lose the whole gimmick.  

Unique gameplay with plenty of depth, tons of variety, and free content updates will make it last. For elaborations on what I just said, simply watch the directs. Afterwards if you still don't think the game is good then we can discuss the game's quality now that you're actually informed on the subject. It's pretty silly that you would claim a game to be bad while not being very knowledgable about said game, that's just blind hate. 

Ok, I watched the Direct.

So far the story is that they just woke up one day and they had long arms. Spring Man said that it was rad...

The mini games are some of the laziest things Ive ever seen. Punch the targets, hoops and volleyball...

Earn coins by fighting to use them in a punch targets mini games to buy more hands. How exciting...

The big strategy seem to be punch with one hand, wait for your opponent to dodge and then punch them with the other hand...

They keep introducing these new power ups, but they all do the same...

The names of the characters is just insultingly basic and stupid...

This game should be 30 bucks at the most...

Im sorry, but I will not support this lazy shit they try to present as a real game. 

You guys wasted my time with this Direct and Im done talking about this borderline shovelware title. 

Is confirmed that KLXVER just wants to hate the game and is being extremelly irrational, it doesn't make any sense to have a discussion with anyone in those conditions, time will slap him in the face, starting with that sub 70 metacritic prediction.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

So far the story is that they just woke up one day and they had long arms. Spring Man said that it was rad...

The mini games are some of the laziest things Ive ever seen. Punch the targets, hoops and volleyball...

Earn coins by fighting to use them in a punch targets mini games to buy more hands. How exciting...

The big strategy seem to be punch with one hand, wait for your opponent to dodge and then punch them with the other hand...

Im sorry, but I will not support this lazy shit they try to present as a real game. 

You guys wasted my time with this Direct and Im done talking about this borderline shovelware title. 

Well atleast you watched it!

Not sure how having variety modes is lazy, infact that comes off as just the opposite, but the Hoops one does seem a little too basic with grab spamming being all you're really doing, and I don't see why you can't have a friend with you in 100 man mode like in Smash Bros., but this is still a positive overall.

It's a basic currency system that many games have. Only adds to the addictive nature trying to get all the ARMS and upgrading your favorite ones.

Yes yes, ever game ever can be simplified like that, but in most cases such as this one there's more to it than that. For one, not all power-ups which I'm guessing you mean ARMS do the same, not sure where you got that from if you really watched the trailer. You'll have to plan what ARMS you want which character to use, and once in a match, strategize based on the ARMS you have aswell as the opponent's and take into account the characters and stage you're playing on. I could wall of text about the possibilitys and strategys but don't feel like it right now lel.

To call a game, one that looks and sounds this good with creative new gameplay and plenty of variety n content with more on the way for free, lazy and shovelware is laughable. Yeah, it's definitely for the best that you stop talking now. :L

They'll probably do this a lot more with games because of the online service that launches later this year, the subscription possibly will bring in income to continue doing the free dlc approach for multiplayer games.

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

As someone said, at least you watched it.

Though your comments scream of someone who watched something wanting to hate it, looking for things to hate, and then simplifying everything down to hate on it. Your mind was closeff before watching it, real point in discussing it with you.

irstupid said:
KLXVER said:

Though your comments scream of someone who watched something wanting to hate it, looking for things to hate, and then simplifying everything down to hate on it. Yod was closeff before watching it, real point in discussing it with you.

Nobody is discussion it except for me and Einsam_Delphin. People just call me uninformed and say I want to hate it. Why would I want to hate a game on a system I bought day 1?

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

Though your comments scream of someone who watched something wanting to hate it, looking for things to hate, and then simplifying everything down to hate on it. Yod was closeff before watching it, real point in discussing it with you.

Nobody is discussion it except for me and Einsam_Delphin. People just call me uninformed and say I want to hate it. Why would I want to hate a game on a system I bought day 1?

Because we humans can be very stupid for no reason. It may be just an ego conflict, you said the game looked horrible and it wouldn't even get to 70 on meta, now that you looked that video you know you were wrong but your ego doesn't want anyone to know that. Just a theory.