By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS will have free DLC charcter, stages, and arms post launch

Splatoon tactic.I think its beyond obvious now that, for multiplayer centric games, they will take this route.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

all aboard the hypetrain!

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

This is great. It should help keeping the game relevant (and selling) until at least early next year. I'm definitely buying it!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Was worried that they would charge for post-launch characters, glad that's not the case.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

....I sense a Jim Sterling compliment in the future, and I know not why.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

With Splatoon it was something born out of neccessity, they pushed that game out unfinished and had to update it for free to make the purchase worth it. It happened to work as a hype and marketing machine for Splatoon, keeping the talk about the game constantly around. It seems like Ninteno reconized that they stumbled onto a marketing goldmine.
ARMS honestly seems pretty complete at launch, so it's extra nice to see them include free updates.

Can't wait to see "the game doesn't have enough content" complaints begin anew!

SuperNova said:
With Splatoon it was something born out of neccessity, they pushed that game out unfinished and had to update it for free to make the purchase worth it. It happened to work as a hype and marketing machine for Splatoon, keeping the talk about the game constantly around. It seems like Ninteno reconized that they stumbled onto a marketing goldmine.
ARMS honestly seems pretty complete at launch, so it's extra nice to see them include free updates.

Yep! I don't even think Nintendo knew they had something brilliant in their hands at that time. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yasss I was thinking this would be the case but I was afraid of being too optimistic. I wasn't though ^^

SuperNova said:

I agree.  I think it's a great formula for multiplayer focused games to keep the online community alive.  Give enough at launch to make the game feel like a full-price purchase and release the rest of the game piece by piece over time for free.