By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS will have free DLC charcter, stages, and arms post launch

Green098 said:
I loved this in Splatoon, I fell back in love with the game all over again with every free update that game got!

Yep! It always maked the online battles interesting with each new addition 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Heell yeah! Now this is some dlc done excellently. Characters even, that's just awesome. Somehow this seems too good to be true.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

KLXVER said:
That's too bad. I hoped they would just get it out and be done with it...

It keeps the game going, especially for its community. You've seen Splatoon right? It didn't just get its incredible legs because it was a Nintendo game. When the updates kept going, the game continued to evolve along with its community.

I know I'm seriously jumping the gun here, but I expect to be able to play as Donkey Kong, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Bayonetta this time next year...

Have a nice day...

RolStoppable said:
SuperNova said:
With Splatoon it was something born out of neccessity, they pushed that game out unfinished and had to update it for free to make the purchase worth it. It happened to work as a hype and marketing machine for Splatoon, keeping the talk about the game constantly around. It seems like Ninteno reconized that they stumbled onto a marketing goldmine.
ARMS honestly seems pretty complete at launch, so it's extra nice to see them include free updates.

You have that partly wrong. Splatoon was released in a finished state and the content that was made available later was already on the disc.

What you are right about is that the content release model was born out of necessity, because the number of retail releases for the Wii U was abysmal. It wasn't only about building an online community for the game with more control over the balance of weapons, it was also a way to have something new for Wii U for an extended period of time.

I suspect that ARMS' free content updates are also already on the card, although I haven't paid attention to the timing of this updates. If it's like Splatoon and begins within one month of launch, then the content is going to be on the card in a finished state.

I know that the initial few updates with maps/weapons were already on he disk but everthing that released with/after the big August update was actually not, as far as I know. They decided to brdge the game drought+time until the new modes were ready with on disk content.

Around the Network

This is great, and game definitely looks like next Splatoon in any case, this could easily be next big IP for Nintendo after Splatoon.

KLXVER said:

So much for everyone forgetting about this game after a month.

Kai_Mao said:
KLXVER said:

It keeps the game going, especially for its community. You've seen Splatoon right? It didn't just get its incredible legs because it was a Nintendo game. When the updates kept going, the game continued to evolve along with its community.

Splatoon is popular because its a good game. Not my kinda game, but I see what makes it good. Sure it helps when a game is supported, but Arms is no Splatoon. A month after release it will be forgotten.

Nintendo is trying to go the Splatoon route with Arms, but they are about to learn that a game needs to be fun for more than 20 minutes for it to become popular.

KLXVER said:
Kai_Mao said:

Splatoon is popular because its a good game. Not my kinda game, but I see what makes it good. Sure it helps when a game is supported, but Arms is no Splatoon. A month after release it will be forgotten.

Nintendo is trying to go the Splatoon route with Arms, but they are about to learn that a game needs to be fun for more than 20 minutes for it to become popular.

And you are about to learn that bad predictions get bookmarked, we´ll return to this comment in a few months ;)

Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

And you are about to learn that bad predictions get bookmarked, we´ll return to this comment in a few months ;)

Fair enough. I would like to be humble and say that I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I cant. Not with a slightly more advance Rock'em Sock'em Robots.