By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 80+ Million Switches Need to be Sold in 5 Years or it's a Failure

Eagerly awaiting Rols response.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Barkley said:

3DS has been out 6 years and sold around 65m

WiiU has been out 4.5 years and sold around 13m...

So you can't really say that, when the best selling has been out 6 not 5 years.

3ds average per year: 10.83m

WiiU Average per year: 2.88m

Combined average for 5 years: 68.55m

Or without using averages.

3DS first 5 years + WiiU till discontinued = 70m.

Please refer to the 1st sentence of the OP.  I was already taking that into account. 

Right... just because you admit to using 6 years data for 3ds not 5 years, doesn't explain why the target for Switch is 80m in 5 years, when 3ds+WiiU did not manage this (like you wrongly said in the post I originally quoted.)

So for instance 70m would be considerd for failure!? :D

Its doesnt work like that, you cant say 3DS+WiiU instal base to be considered for success, Nintendo can easily make more profit than they made with 3DS/Wii U with sold less Switch units than 3DS/WiiU combined.

I agree with some people in this thread that 50m+ would be success, but I wouldn't call even 40m failure. I any case, I expect that Switch will hit at least 3DS numbers of sales.

Barkley said:

In my opinion 50m+ would definitely be a success, failure is a strong term, to me it'd have to sell less then 25-30m to be classed as such, not 80m.

Agree.

vivster said:
If it actually gets to 80m within 5 years I'd consider it a success because they increased their current install base. Now if they struggle to reach 50m, that would be a tragedy.

50 million would be low.  

Barkley said:

In my opinion 50m+ would definitely be a success, failure is a strong term, to me it'd have to sell less then 25-30m to be classed as such, not 80m.

25 million is lower.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Fuck me, guess the industry really is dead hey.

Sony are down

Microsoft are down 

Nintendo are down

Is anyone on the up??

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

Sony are down

Microsoft are down 

Nintendo are down

Is anyone on the up??

Sony will be up though, just give it a couple more... oh... PSP.....Vita.... oh no.

THE INDUSTRY IS DYING.

Barkley said:
DroidKnight said:

Please refer to the 1st sentence of the OP.  I was already taking that into account. 

Right... just because you admit to using 6 years data for 3ds not 5 years, doesn't explain why the target for Switch is 80m in 5 years, when 3ds+WiiU did not manage this (like you wrongly said in the post I originally quoted.)

80 million in the past is not the same 80 million today (percentages).

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:

Sony are down

Microsoft are down 

Nintendo are down

Is anyone on the up??

Valve!

Private company, bs padded figures :P

But why

the_dengle said:
But why

Your signature makes the post.