By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm just curious - how many have seen a 360 RROD?

Once ... but it was in a store . It was actually pretty funny . A little kid was playing Smackdown on it when it gave the RROD ... man I laughed . The kid actually started to cry when it happened because he thaught that he broke it :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

hmm, theres a serious lack of madskillz crow eating in this thread

My launch-ish console went down about 8 months in. No problems with box number 2 since (and it only took an hour to swap it at the Best Buy down the street, so really no big deal to me, other than my lost Oblivion save.)

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Gamerace said:

I realize I'm rather late, but I just wanted to touch on this. Frankly, I'm none to impressed with the PS3 either. My brother has one and it overheats and crashes. For a $400 piece of equipment, that's total BS in my mind. I won't be getting one of those either until a newer, better model comes out.

Point is: Although Sony has a good rep for electronics, it does and would definately affect sales if they have similar issues. 

While it's definitely your propagative to purchase anything you want, and personal experience is important, I hope you know that your brother is in the extreme minority. As far as consumer electronics go, the PS3 has been amazingly reliable.

Let's hope not everyone who comes in contact with someone who had issues with that product stops buying them. If that were the case, a few thousand people would never buy a PS3, and no one would ever buy a 360 again :p

One of my old friends claimed his Red Ringed but I never saw it.

Around the Network

I ve seen rrod two times,,,,once in EBgames store(It was the first time ,I saw it and asked what happened to it and the guy said it's having problems ,,then he added this was the third time in the last 5 months) ,,,once recently in the best buy.

I think I have seen atleast 2. I know of 2 that I have seen but I'm not positive if I have seen more than that.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

went to bestbuy to preorder MGS4 and saw a rrod'd box on display, how sad.

I know a few people that have experienced the RRoD, but the only one I've ever actually seen was at a Wal-mart in Baton Rouge.

i think madskillz is now ignoring this thread because it didn't go the way he was expecting, hes done this before.