By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm just curious - how many have seen a 360 RROD?

I think MS should have recalled.

Around the Network

Once, got it replaced via Microsoft and worked great for several months... then i started getting disk read errors and it scratched a perfect ring around my MassEffect.
But after I used a dvd lens cleaner, my xbox360 haven't been scratching my disks anymore but i still get frequent disk errors. Disk errors > RROD. in terms of annoyance. Next time Microsoft releases a console, I'm going to wait and get a in store warrenty.

Ive seen it once, my mates X360 Rrod, but he kept it in a cluttered area with a ps2 half blocking the back vent, aswell it was vertical, keep them horozontal. 

i have a quick question...having an elite with a third party fan (bought the day i got the elite), are my chances lowered?

LordAkhenUlv said:
i have a quick question...having an elite with a third party fan (bought the day i got the elite), are my chances lowered?

If it does RRoD make sure you didn't put that fan on it. Your warranty gets voided then and you'll have to buy a new console.

Around the Network

are the sayings true that elites rrod less than other consoles, quite frankly i have a bunch of friends with 360's but not one of them has had Rrod...and hes had that console since launch if im not mistaken

I have never seen one RROD but 6 of my friends did. :P

BCNR34 said:
went to bestbuy to preorder MGS4 and saw a rrod'd box on display, how sad.

I concur.

You could clean the lens of the PS2 and it worked like it was brand new. Part of the problem was just dust, ionization, etc. that accumulates after extensive use. I have used a disc cleaner to clean the lens on two different PS2's and both worked like they were BRAND NEW after that. One in particular couldn't read ANYTHING anymore, and I was ecstatic when simply cleaning it resulted in such a drastic improvement.

The 360's RROD underlies a much bigger problem, one with the hardware itself that cannot be fixed without a massive recall. Newer Falcon chipsets may correct the problem, however, but that remains to be seen.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson