By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I could have been mistaken about Swich, but I have one theory left.

Except they didn't do that with the Wii. With the Wii they planned on a possible feeble start, they had just come off the GameCube. When they saw demand was exceptionally strong, they immediately set about raising supply as fast as feasibly possible. The Wii shattered records not due to artificially restricted supply, but due to demand that outstripped even the most prolific supply. And the Switch's first shipments were not nearly as conservative, they put over 2.7 mil on store shelves in a month. And sold nearly all of them. Despite that month being March.

And sales cannot be simultaneously very high and supply artificially constricted. The supply has to BE THERE to be purchased.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Can it not be that people just like the system?

When pigs fly maybe. 

Cloudman said:

Never!!

Maybe Nintendo's marketing is on-point this time?

This trailer currently stands at 30 million views so it seems to have drawn a nice chunk of attention to the hardware as well.

While supply is obviously an issue, there isn't any shortage of demand either. You don't need more data to see that. Just accept that people are into the system.

Around the Network
Areym said:
It's off to a good start but I still cannot see many third party titles coming to this thing, aside from the very bare minimum stuff like just dance and the likes

lol

I've heard the artificial scarcity argument many times but rarely as an explanation for good sales. "Clearly the Switch is only selling well because Nintendo isn't shipping enough to meet demand."

????????????

Cloudman said:

Liking a Nintendo system? Good lord, when has that ever happened before? Kappa

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I believe that if it was truly artificial demand as you claim, Nintendo wouldn't have increased the amount of shipments for the Switch around the world for its launch. After all, they were initially going to ship 2 million.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/nintendo_using_costly_air_freight_to_meet_demand_for_switch_faster

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988