By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I could have been mistaken about Swich, but I have one theory left.

Green098 said:

I know this might be crazy and unimaginable to think of, but just hear me out ok...? Maybe, just maybe the Switch is selling so much is because it's a good product. Crazy I know, but not as crazy as what your trying to convince people.

basically any gaming device with appealing hardware, appealing software, appealing marketing and an appealing price can and will do well. So far Switch meets all 4 critera.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Nem said:

Give it a bit of time. The thing will sell better than the Wii U because of the name alone, but the fact that it won't have third party support will soon make itself clear (aswell as software droughts).
Though i doubt some of the numbers we are seeing here in vgc. Even if we were to trust it, the ps4 is already outselling it in europe.

Ultimately the Switch is the Wii U 2, it simply has a better name.

Sure, when I look at Amazon, Media Markt and Saturn in Germany (probably the three biggest sellers for consoles here) and all three tell me the Switch is sold out, it's no surprise the console is selling less as it could and also maybe less as PS4. 

Also not sure what this is even supposed to tell us. The PS4 in 2017 is also selling as good or even better as the PS4 in 2014. There is no "lulz, the years old PS4 is already selling better as the much newer Switch" because a console can very well sell some years after release as good as some months after release.

And I doubt you looked at PS4 numbers in 2014 and were like "ohh damn, these numbers are a bad sign" but Switch numbers are, obviously...

the_dengle said:

Are you interested in cold hard numbers? It took the 3DS more than 18 weeks to sell what the Switch sold in its first 5 in the US -- that's using NPD figures.

In Japan, Switch is also having the best launch period of any console, handheld or otherwise, since the Wii.

Much like OP, Nem has proven he doesn't want to secede to the current facts. Don't hurt him.

curl-6 said:
Chrizum said:

Everything you say here is true. Sadly, we all know Nintendo isn't going to do any of these things. They hit a home run with Wii, and they seem to be hitting a a home run with Switch, but OS, media capabilities, 3rd parties, etc. are a sideshow for Nintendo. They focus on the the games and would rather go down fighting following their own strange philosophy than adapting to the market.

I would argue that the Switch concept itself is an adaption to the market; they saw that Sony/MS have the "AAA third party multimedia box" role locked down, and decided instead to make a device that fills a different niche and takes advantage of the time-poverty and on-the-go lifestyle of adult gamers.

Very well put.

routsounmanman said:

I'd rather purchase a second Switch than get a PS4 or Xbox One.

Why though lol

Anyways OT naw people like the system we will have to wait and see how the sales are in a few months though. I think the Switch will sell well just cause it's a handheld lol

Around the Network

It's funny right, the system hasn't been out for 3 months yet people are trying to find reasons to dismiss it. In other words, what's new?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .