By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 475 69.24%

No 81 11.81%

Total:556

They need to release Spider-Man this year. Otherwise MS will have a chance to dominate the American market.

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
They need to release Spider-Man this year. Otherwise MS will have a chance to dominate the American market.

You really think Spider Man is that big of an X-factor?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PEEPer0nni said:

Wait what has changed that will allow them to dominate the American market? Not saying it is impossible but what would cause that? And how would Spiderman of all games change that?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

zorg1000 said:
PEEPer0nni said:

I personally think Spiderman will push consoles no doubt, but I dont think it not releasing will change MS's chance of success, which at the moment, unless scorpio is really cheap and really powerful, will lots of supporting software....I dont see it doing anything.

Rumour the other day was Spiderman is 2017, according to Marvel excec....if so that with GT Sport, wow, already the end of the year is looking potentially awesome. I suspect Sony have ensured the end of this year has some big exclusives which will help combat the "Scorpio" hardware effect.... and like we've always said, consoles sell on games. If MS is just hoping to push the COD is best looking on scorpio line, its going to look pretty bleak when sony have their major exclusives showing up.

Even with RDR2 moving to 2018, 2017 is looking to end the year amazing. I can see a lot of consoles being pushed and an exclusive spiderman game on PS4 bundled... will sell bucket loads.

I think we have two years of PS4 being at the top of its software game. 2017 with GT, Spiderman, crash, uncharted, wipeout etc, and 2018 with RDR2, GOW, and with dreams and detroit in 2017 or 2018. This would leave me to believe 2019 will have LOU2 and the slowing down of games, with PS5 being a 2020 release.

So I think this year we'll see another 16m approx with no price cuts, but I think they still have this year or next year with a 20m in them. If they can bring the PS4 down to 199... 20m is possible. E3 is going to be fascinating.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

PEEPer0nni said:
They need to release Spider-Man this year. Otherwise MS Nintendo Switch will have a chance to dominate the American market.

Fixed that for you

Seriously, the Xbox One already starts seriously trailing behind the Switch by over 250k (780k to 1035k). At the same time the Switch is only 295 units behind the PS4 in US sales this year according to VgChartz, so Nintendo is a much bigger threat right now even in the US.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
PEEPer0nni said:
They need to release Spider-Man this year. Otherwise MS Nintendo Switch will have a chance to dominate the American market.

Fixed that for you

Seriously, the Xbox One already starts seriously trailing behind the Switch by over 250k (780k to 1035k). At the same time the Switch is only 295 units behind the PS4 in US sales this year according to VgChartz, so Nintendo is a much bigger threat right now even in the US.

Nothing  is a threat for sony.

Ps4 install  base is extremely  bigger  then switch.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Bofferbrauer said:

Fixed that for you

that literally has nothing to do with what he said, hes specifically talking about US sales in 2017.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

that literally has nothing to do with what he said, hes specifically talking about US sales in 2017.

You can however question how bad Sony wants to win US, if they release GT Sport they will win the global holidays due to the Europe. But there is a big chance that Nintendo win US and Japan, since I don't see Sony releasing Spiderman, Dreams or Detroit this year. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

zorg1000 said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Yep, i believe Spider-man of all upcoming PS4 exclusives can have the biggest impact on the American market. Especially if you count kids as an important target audience.

PEEPer0nni said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep, i believe Spider-man of all upcoming PS4 exclusives can have the biggest impact on the American market. Especially if you count kids as an important target audience.

ya Spiderman can be a system seller but you are making it out to be what causes PS4 to outsell XBO this year and thats pretty naive. PS4 will likely outsell XBO with or without Spiderman