By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 475 69.24%

No 81 11.81%

Total:556

tag

Around the Network

Updated

thismeintiel said:
I think this year will at least match last year's. We got a lot of big releases still, including RDR2 and Battlefront 2. We'll also have a $199 PS4 this holiday season and a $349 Pro (possibly $299.) I think next year is when we'll start to see declines as we get closer to the PS5.

Well so much for that.

PAOerfulone said:
thismeintiel said:
I think this year will at least match last year's. We got a lot of big releases still, including RDR2 and Battlefront 2. We'll also have a $199 PS4 this holiday season and a $349 Pro (possibly $299.) I think next year is when we'll start to see declines as we get closer to the PS5.

Well so much for that.

What is crazy is with RDR2 being delayed it could help push PS4 sales next year for the 1st quarter. And hopefully Sony has a surprise for the 2nd half of this year at E3.....which I think will be God Of War 4 releasing in Sept or Oct which it never has done.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

It is possible.

Sony usually has something big for Septmeber or October (2015: Metal Gear Solid 5. 2016: PS4 Slim) God of War would fall comfortably in that category. E3 can't get here soon enough though.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

It is possible.

Sony usually has something big for Septmeber or October (2015: Metal Gear Solid 5. 2016: PS4 Slim) God of War would fall comfortably in that category. E3 can't get here soon enough though.

Agreed 100% I am ready for this E3....I think it will be one of the best in a nice while for all of the big 3.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Updated to include April 15th numbers.

Should pass 4 million for the year with April 22nd numbers.

Awesome chart!

Would it be possible to ask for week numbering?

Still doing 200k a week so it still going rather well. I expect May and July to be the slowest months for PS4 this year. Since Crash and Wipeout will no doubt convince some people to buy a PS4 for Nostalgia. They should make a retro bundle with those games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar